Exercise Questions

babybooo828
on 7/6/11 11:20 am
 What foods do you suggest to eat before going to the gym and after I am done?  I usually do stuff like the eliptical, bike, and treadmill.

If you do weights, what weights do you use? I want to do some weight lifting, but I don't know which machines would be best for me. My gym doesn't have a fitness trainer since its really inexpensive. 

SunShine2010
on 7/6/11 11:26 am - Ranson, WV
sometimes i do a protein shake before.. but the last few times i had went i would get lightheaded halfway through working out and have to get a banana or something like that.. so now when i go before i have a whole wheat sandwich with a banana and some real peanut butter and i am fine.. some type of good carbs... hope that helps some, afterwards i do a protein shake as well.. when i do go to the gym i havent been there in a little while i need to get back into it :)

Lisa R.
on 7/6/11 1:08 pm - CA
Some studies show that going to the gym on an empty stoma*****rease the amount of calories burned.  Some people can not tolerate that.  Before the gym do good carbs like fruit, after the gym is the BEST time to absorb protein, so do a shake or bar 30 mins after a work out.

Just get on machines, read the side to make sure you are doing it right and do as many as you can in a day.  Just remember the key to weight lifting is to do low weight, lots of reps and then rest that muscle  for 48 hours so it can rebuild.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics