confused.....please help!!

Nicole S.
on 7/10/11 10:27 pm - York Haven, PA
Ok guys....first dont yell at me.....I had surgery on the 30th and yes I have been on the scale every morning since I came home from the hospital. I have followed the diet to a tee getting in at the least 60 grams of protein a day.....I am on full liquids till wed and then start mushies. Well things have been moving great and on sat morning i was at 336....well yesterday i was at 339 and then there again this morning. any suggestions? do you plateau this early out? just confused and scared of failure once again! thanks for listening to me rant and I have vowed not to get back on the scale once a week!!!

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

macjuicy
on 7/10/11 10:32 pm - FL
Its not a magic surgery... people loose weight faster than others that extra weight is water weight , i am almost 2 months out Post Op and had a 3 week stall already... Pace yourself and follow these rules

1. Atleast 65g protien (more the better)
2. Drink Alot of water (which on Liquids is easy)
3. Toss your scale in garbage - weigh yourself bi weekly or monthly

Its gonna happen dont worry it will melt of very soon,

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

shannon0731
on 7/10/11 10:41 pm - LA
I am new at this myself (sx was 7/5) but remember back in the day when we always heard that sometimes we would noit lose weight if we ate too little? I know I will be able to have either skim or 1% milk when the time comes. wondering if 1% would be better-just a tad more calories.

I am grasping at straws here. But keep us posted!

I'm Ready!

lynnc99
on 7/10/11 10:41 pm
Those fluctuations are most likely water and the result of swelling. Remember, you are still very much in the healing mode! No way did younactually gain 3 pounds so relax! Sounds like you are doing things just as you should.

And I too weigh daily and drive myself nuts doing it....we all have been so wee trained by failure, haven't we?
laura_vermont
on 7/10/11 10:54 pm
Sounds like normal day to day fluctuations to me.  At my highest weight, a single dinner out could spike my weight 10-11lbs -- not kidding.  I still fluctuate about 3lbs. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

roxie46
on 7/10/11 11:53 pm
thats is all normal. Sunday will make me 2 month post op and i do the same. was at a stand still for weeks but this morning I and down 2 lbs which now my total weight loss since surgery is 26.2 lbs. I hear it all the time don't weigh ourself every day , just do it once a week or you may think your not doing the right thing cause the scale will either stay the same or look like you gained but accually its the fluids you take in. And of course the swelling too since my doc said it could take up to 6 months to be fully healed meaning no more swelling but every person is different. Keep up the great work and keep coming here for help, I do and love to hear what anybody has to say......roxanne
poet_kelly
on 7/11/11 12:01 am - OH
It's normal for our weight to fluctuate a bit.  Maybe you're retaining water.  Maybe you need to poop.  Don't worry about it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amy R.
on 7/11/11 1:06 am
If you REALLY want to fix this issue - DITCH YOUR SCALE, at least while you are in the honeymoon period. It will do absolutely NOTHING for you except drive you crazy. At the very least, weigh only once per week, on the same day and at the same time.

You will literally drive yourself nuts if you keep this up. And you're gonna lose weight. You just will. You'll also have plateaus, stalls, etc. All part of the process. If you are so early out and already obsessing over pounds lost/gained daily I can almost GUARANTEE you will go over the deep end eventually if you don't break the hold the scale has over you.

As someone else once said "Stupid box on the floor with numbers".

Hang in there, enjoy the journey, because it's not a race. It has taken some of us up to two years to get to our stopping point, or "goal" or whatever.

=)
Mary B.
on 7/11/11 1:40 am - Southern, MD
Nicole,

Relax. You are still very early out. Perfectly normal. Get off the scale!!!!

I know, its easier to say than do. Im pushing a year out and I JUST NOW have been able to put the scale away into the closet. That stupid piece of machinery should not be the one dictating how I feel. 

You are doing great!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics