Back to work today

kim_in_alabama
on 7/11/11 3:07 am
So I am back at work today and I really don't want to be here, but I'm not going to use up my days.  I had a lot to catch up on so that was good.  Got my protein in and working on water as I type.  I am tired right now so I'm going to close my office door and turn my chair around and flip the lever on it and lounge back and take a nap for 20mins.

I been getting up and walking around and taking the stairs.  You can notice that I have lost some weight but no one saying anything and I'm not being too talkative, in a little healing pain on the left side  and can't take anything till I get home so I'm bearing it until 3pm.  Not much longer to go.

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
BugdocMom
on 7/11/11 3:37 am - CA
Sorry you are going back to work before you want to. But it sounds like it's going alright for you. At least you can relax for a few when you need to. Just a little more time and you can go home and take something for the pain. You can make it! Maybe you should take some tylenol while you are at work tomorrow just to take a little of the edge off.
Take it easy when you get home for the first few days. It will get easier soon.

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 3:43 am
I go back wednesday and I'm not looking forward to it either. Two weeks sure went fast. Blah!!!!

Angela
Dave Chambers
on 7/11/11 4:20 am - Mira Loma, CA
Choosing a time to return to work is a common topic at my support groups. My surgeon offers 4 weeks off of work for surgery. Most patients take this time, as they want to make sure they can properly eat and get enough water intake prior to returning to work. Often, many post ops have a issue with fatigue and it usually begins to wane in a few weeks.  Set an alarm on your phone, etc., to make sure your 20 minute nap doesn't end up too long as this may not set well with managment. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

princessfrogee
on 7/11/11 5:48 am - AL
Oh girl!  I don't know how you are doing it having to sit at a desk.  For some reason my muscles seize up on me if I sit too long at the computer.  I am ok while sitting for the most part, but as soon as I stand up it hurts a lot.  Not sure why, but that is why I haven't been on the computer much since surgery.  I have to do it in short spurts.  UGH!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active
Recent Topics