Almost 5 years post op!!!!!!!

April1490
on 7/11/11 10:52 am - Aurora, CO

Today is July 11, 2011. I had my surgery on Spetember 21, 2006. I started out at 254. I now weigh 140. For all those people who say people gain all their weight back after surgery, I say Boooo Yaaaa! I didn't. How do you like them apples!!! If your thinking about the surgery, don't let your family or friends talk you out of it. They are just jealous!
Look at my profile!!!!!

JinPA
on 7/11/11 11:10 am - PA
Congrats!!!!  Booo Yaaaaa here too.  I am still at goal and doing great 4+ years out.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/11/11 11:12 am - OH
Congratulations!  I will be 4 years out next month and am maintaining at 5-7 pounds over my goal weight (with eating pretty "normally"), so you are right... NOT everyone gains the weight back!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Shelly S.
on 7/11/11 11:15 am - Mason, MI
Thanks for the thread! It is very encouraging to hear the success stories. Keep up the fab-o work!
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
afeld84
on 7/11/11 11:52 am - TX
I am thinking about having gastric bypass and love to hear all the successes.  Other than the wieght loss was ther anything that you weren't expecting that happened after surgery?
April1490
on 7/11/11 12:23 pm - Aurora, CO
I did have to have my gall bladder out. Also had to have emergency surgery for perforated ulcer which was totally my fault because I took Ibueprofin. I also am dealing with anemia right now. But with all that I would still do it 100 times over. It is totally worth it.

afeld84
on 7/11/11 2:55 pm - TX
Do you miss food?  I know after surgery you can still eat  but are you satisfied?  I love chinese food and trying new things and I am worried that after surgery I will be eating the same thing all the time.
April1490
on 7/12/11 3:17 am - Aurora, CO
Thanks everyone! I jut had to post this because I get so sick over people saying that. People just don't do their research and base their opinions on what they read in magazines or see on T V. As far as missing food. Never. I pretty much can eat what I want I just can not eat it in the amount that I used to which you will get used to. I just share with my 2 year old and it works out perfect. I still eat chinese food and love it too. You will not be eating the same thing all the time.
As far as intestines dissolving, I have never heard that and don't think that doctors would do the surgery if that happened. maybe she meant your fat dissolves. :)

dasie
on 7/12/11 6:07 am
I eat Chinese/stir-fry sometimes 4 times per week, at least.  In fact, I am cooking it tonight.  I loooooove it.  I have to admit the only no-no in it for me is the sodium content, and I try to be careful.  I prepare my own, and not to brag because it has taken me awhile to get it right, I prefer mine to most restaurants.  Of course my daughter is a great cook, and she helped with the evolution of my Asian cooking. 

YankeeRose
on 7/11/11 12:27 pm - Meadville, PA
Congratulations!!! You are beautiful and an inspiration!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op