SOOO MAD!!!!

bunnicash
on 7/12/11 10:36 am - Sedalia, MO

Okay so they are trying to make it where parents who have obese children get there children taken away !! Are you serious???? This is the most insane thing I have heard. Who does the government think they are. Obesity is not just from over eating alot of times there is underlying health issues or mental issues that causes obesity. Oh how this irks me!!

So over eating an addiction, and the effect is obesity. So is the government gonna start regulating ALL addictions. And why are parents always to blame? The child plays a part in what they eat to. In todays world there are so many obese people. The government cant regulate everything...even though its obviously trying. I wouldn't have wanted to lose my parents just bc I was overweight. So they want to make a bad situation even worse and this is supposed to fix something...NO

Zombie
on 7/12/11 10:46 am
Is this a Federal Law nationwide or is it just something the state proposed?

~Paul~

Proudtobaloser
on 7/12/11 10:47 am - Fayetteville, NC
I am NOT saying I agree with this at all. I just think a bit more research needs done into it. Like are there any more stories out there on this?  A few years ago in PA( I think) there was a family that had all their children taken. The mother denied that she was feeding the kids crap but there was proof otherwise and she lost her children.

The governement is so used to regulating anything and trying for everything that they are power hungry. But as I said there needs to be a bit more reading into this beofre I draw my own conclusions.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Tina A.
on 7/12/11 11:18 am - NY
That is a lot of children. I doubt it will come to fruition once they think this through the logistics...foster care and such. While parents are responsible, they also need to examine society's role as well. Why is there a McDonalds on every corner?! What are schools serving for lunch? The access to high fat/carb food is incredible. We are the fattest nation for a reason.
bittybabynurse
on 7/12/11 11:42 am - MN
That's rediculous. Right on par with the congressman or senator whoever the asshat was who tried to put into law that women who miscarry can be arrested and put on trial for murder. What state is this in?
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Antonia R.
on 7/12/11 2:53 pm, edited 7/12/11 2:54 pm - University Park, IL
VSG on 06/11/13
Unless you can prove they are force feeding their children or intentionally giving them food with the goal of making them obese I think it's stupid.

I am 16 years old and  morbidly obese ,but my other 4 siblings are healthy weights. My parents didn't starve or force feed me. Also what does that mean they will take me away and not my siblings. That would just give a kid even more of a complex about their size.

How able the Government focus on regulating those LETHAL SCHOOL "LUNCHES" they serve with Flavored Milk.........EXCUSE ME BUT THERE IS NO STRAWBERRY OR CHOCOLATE COW THAT I HAVE SEEN.........

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 134 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics