ok...now what do i eat.....

Nicole S.
on 7/13/11 2:36 am - York Haven, PA
Well today I start soft foods...tried an egg this am w/ some unflavored unjury....yuck

Then at lunch time tired a 100 calorie 4oz Breakstone cottage cheese w/ pineapples.....yuck couldnt stand the texture

Anybody have any suggestions that they loved to eat at this stage....thanks in advance...gonna go enjoy my protein hot chocolate

Was so looking forward to soft foods....bummmed :)

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

Jackie M.
on 7/13/11 2:43 am - Fairhaven , MA
tell me please how do you make protein hot chocolate?  sounds good, just no clue how to make it.  I have read alot of people eat refried beans at this stage. 

Karen P.
on 7/13/11 2:46 am
I enjoyed Ricotta cheese with a little mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce...heat it up in the microwave...yummy. Another is re-fried beans with a little bit of salsa and sour cream. Good luck!

lynnc99
on 7/13/11 2:51 am
I get wierded out on food textures too so this was a challenge for me.

A few ideas:

Refried beans w/ cheese from taco bell

Ricotta with some SF pudding mix stirred in (try the cheesecake or lemon flavor)

Eggs - but be aware that eggs can be a fussy food for some RNY folks. Try an egg (or egg beaters) scrambled and cooked into a very thin crepe in your pan, then top with a little SF jelly.

Mozzarella cheese

Bean w/ bacon soup

An idea from my support group - canned chili (or homemade, whatever) - with a little salsa blended in. The person *****commended this said that what his food lacked in texture, he made up for by punching up the flavor.

SF protein ice cream (see eggface's website, or Nikki's). The cuisinart ice cream maker is a gem!

A little bit of mashed potato with some ground meat stirred in
Bettisima
on 7/13/11 2:54 am
Soft foods for me also meant things like tilapia, eggs salad, chicken salad, anything that I could mash with a fork. Beans, hummus, string cheese. With all that said, I had no problem with any food, necessarily. I didn't like the taste of egg beaters. Refried beans with cheese and a little Taco Bell sauce, oh and Wendy's chili. meat cooked in the crock pot also qualified.

Double check with your surgeons office, as mine was very liberal with what was considered a soft food.
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 2:59 am - NJ
Here's a tip for the cottage cheese - I take a serving and whiz it in my mini-Cuisinart food processor!  It makes the cottage cheese almost a silky texture!  I have made it with blended with fruit and it's really good!

Hope that helps! 
Tonya0531
on 7/13/11 3:04 am - Lake, MS
Here are a few things I lived on in this stage....
Ragu sauce w/ mozerella cheese
Refried beans w/ mozerella cheese
Tuna salad w/ eggs
Scrambled eggs w/ shredded cheese
Creamed potatos w/ shredded cheese
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Carrie W.
on 7/13/11 3:12 am - KY
I ate tuna, salmon and canned chicken all with low fat mayo during the blended stage. I did have eggs with cheese for breakfast but as others said, eggs don't do well with some people. Blended only lasted for a week, thank God. I want nothing to do with any of that stuff now.
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Mary B.
on 7/13/11 3:48 am - Southern, MD
No offense, but egg with protein sounds kinda...well, yucky.

Heres what worked for me:

Grits w/ fried or poached egg. I could NOT do scrambled.

Canned refried beans, heated with a little broth to thin it out. mix in a little salsa and top with cheese and sour cream.

Cheese sticks were on my list

Protein Ice cream and various shakes

Popscicles...I ate alot of those.

Yogurt, but I couldnt stand Greek yogurt there for a while. The Yoplait Whipped was good for me.

After the first couple days of trying different things like soups, chili hit with my stick blender...really the refried beans ended up being what my pouch liked best. It got old, but at least I could eat something.

Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Nicole S.
on 7/13/11 4:08 am - York Haven, PA
Thanks everyone!! Some great ideas!! Have to be on soft food for 2-3 weeks!!

And Mary I too was once a bandster had the band from 5/08 till 8/08 when i had it removed due to slippage.

I appreciate all the advice!!
Luv to all!! :)

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views