3 month Post Op Visit

Kimanne01
on 7/15/11 2:36 am
Just when I thought I was happy with the amount of weight I lost My dr tells me I am not losing fast enough! What the heck?!?!?! And then he tells me I need more calories. But I cant figure out where to fit that it. Its so hard to eat as it is.  And then he tells me I may have scar tissue blocking the entrance into my stomach which is why eating has become so uncomfortable.  So I have to go for yet another endoscopy. I was excited about this Dr visit and now I left all depressed. 

On a positive note, all my lab work was good...which is a relief!

8shushu8
on 7/15/11 2:43 am
Just because he's not happy with your progress doesn't mean you shouldn't be.... the fact is, you're losing weight, obviously following the guidelines you've been given. Hopefully the suggestions being made will help to crank things up, but don't let him rain on your parade...being down almost 50# is fabulous and didn't happen without hard work and effort. Keep it up, follow up with your procedure as yucky as it might be, and the next 50 will be right around the corner!

Kimanne01
on 7/15/11 2:55 am
Thanks so much for your response. I AM happy with my weightloss because I know im doing everything I can do.  I guess he wants more calories, but I dont count calories so couldnt even tell you how much I consume a day, calorie wise.  I will follow his suggestion but Im not going to let it get me down. Its hard enough not to compare my weight loss with other people's weight loss!  So I am just going to stay positive here :)
fickleme
on 7/15/11 2:47 am - Bessemer City, NC
So what exactly was your weight loss?... Do you exercise?... My 3 month appointment my surgeon was happy with my weight loss but gave me the "imagine what it would be with more exercise" speech... and the "you got 1 year to do this" speech... which I know is true... but I am just curious about you numbers... oh yeah and wtg on your labs my iron is way to low so I have to go back in August for a recheck :/
Kimanne01
on 7/15/11 2:58 am
It was 50 pounds as of this morning.  (According to the Dr's scale).  I do exercise at least 4 days a week.  I eat 80 grams of protein a day and about 80 something ounces of water.  The time limit for losing does scare me but I feel as though I am doing everything by the book.  Besides adding more calories, as suggested by my doctor (and I seriously dont know how to add any more food to what I already eat) I am not sure what else I could be doing. 

I am VERY happy about my labs! I have been taking all my vitamins but my labs werent great BEFORE the surgery. So I was a little worried. But that aspect seems to be going great! YAY!
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 3:14 am - Boston, MA
 I could very easily eat 500 calories and be happy.. but when I was my weight loss kept stalling.. I finally got it up to 800 and have been losing steady ever since.. just even adding one more protein shake might be all you need to boost your calories.  I was eating a lot of cheese to boost mine, but have since cut back on that some and switched to beef jerky, more protein and less fat/calories.. looks like you're doing great!! Keep it up!
Kimanne01
on 7/15/11 4:42 am
Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to start tracking the calories and will try adding a protein shake! I am having some trouble comfortably swallowing some stuff so im worried the jerky wouldnt do well.  But I will try some protein shakes and maybe some cheese!  Thanks so much!