Itching to WORKOUT

MrsFreund
on 7/18/11 4:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
So I'm four weeks post op and I've only lost 25lbs. I'm itching to workout but I haven't been released to do so yet? Can I go to the gym and run or should I just continue walking until released?

babybooo828
on 7/18/11 5:17 am
I am not trying to be rude or condensending, just honest here: When was the last time you lost 25 lbs in a month?

I wouldn't say, I've ONLY lost 25 lbs in four weeks. I would say, Holy Cow!  I lost 25 lbs in four weeks! How amazing am I? 

Seriously though, 25 lbs in four weeks is a lot. You are doing fabulous. Just keep doing what you are doing. 

I would follow your surgeons advice on exercise... you don't want to injure anything. Walking is actually great exercise. If you want to do more walking... go the gym and walk a few miles on the treadmill or find a nice trail to go on. 

losing-jennifer
on 7/18/11 5:56 am
Uhm, 25 pounds is very good.  Don't be down on it.  You'll have months where you wished you had that again.  

I'm sure you're fine to work out.  Most people are released to do everything after 4 weeks.  Call the dr or nurse and they will tell you.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

T. Deeds
on 7/18/11 6:00 am
Walking is a perfectly good form of exercise!  I've lost 7 pounds this week by just upping my walking routine!

Jeanine J.
on 7/18/11 6:53 am
 25 lbs in 4 WEEKS? Geesh I lost 25 lbs in 2 months!!! lol You are doing great! I wouldn't do any strenuous exercise until you are clear! I would try measuring instead of looking at the number on the scale! I went from a 26 to and 18 only losing 25 lbs!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
Solon
on 7/18/11 10:16 am - Arkadelphia, AR
LOL

No one is answering your question -

I am released for weights at 4 weeks out which is coming up on the 26th!!!!!  Buuuuut your doctor knows more than you do about the internal medicine...and healing

I would email the nurse / surgeon and ask!  If you do go to the gym... VERY LIGHT WEIGHTS until you're sure you're not going to hurt yourself.

25 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome!

Great job and keep working hard!  I am right there with you on wanting to work out!
~ Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.        
kandl03
on 7/18/11 11:49 am
I was released to work out at my three week visit.  My doctor told me to wait until after 4 weeks to do any ab exercises.  He also told me to listen to my body, if it hurt stop.  I started going to the gym at 3 1/2 weeks out but I mainly walked on the treadmill and did light weights for the first couple weeks.  I was the same as you, I couldn't wait to get started.

Congrats on the 25 lbs, that's awesome! 

Kara

Weight lost since Surgery  

Weight lost since first visit with surgeon.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 158 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?