hmm..wls friend?

melissa22886
on 7/18/11 8:46 am
so i had my surgery 4/12/11 and while I think my results have been slower than most, i am still happy. i am down 60lbs. 50lbs since surgery, 60 including pre op diet. everything i have eaten i have had no issues with. there has been 2 or 3 occasions that i've tried things that aren't necessarily the WORST thing i could have, but definitely not something i should be having because it's not protein, and really has no purpose in my body. ie: a couple pretzels, handful of popcorn(without butter or salt, just plain) and sunflower seeds. only time i have graized on those was at BBQs(except sunflower seeds i have them in my house and they have always been a weakness of mine). other than that, i do make the correct decisions on eating. 

my reason for this post is i am wondering if anyone who had surgery around the same time i've had mine - i'd like someone to email/message back and fourth with daily and compare what we've eaten that day, and see our results at the end of the week. my reason for this is because i eat the same things, or not enough, not enough fluids etc. this will motivate me in a sense to keep track and keep up with what i'm eating/drinking. i really have no clue how many calories i'm consuming a day either. i have checked out a tracker online and i'm completely clueless on how to work those. i'd guess some day i hit around 400-500 calories, some days(very few) maybe 800 or less. my days are typically the same. 2 chobanis with 2tsp of fiber 1 cereal, with either fresh blueberries or strawberries, and 2 splenda. i have 1 of those everyday for breakfast(sometimes with a string cheese). for lunch i either have 1 of those or get something next door to my work (eggwhites and cheese on wheat toast even though i don't eat the bread but occasionally i take 1 bite of the bread and throw the rest out), or a salad. or other times i run to dunkin donuts and get the turkey sausage & eggwhite wake up wraps and don't eat the wrap. if we are having a luncheon at work i only take what i should eat, which consists of grilled chicken, or salads, or if they are sandwhiches i take turkey and just eat the insides, etc. then for dinner it varies between another chobani or some type of chicken. i do have issues with chicken so i tend to go with the chobani or sometimes a wendys chili. 

having someone to email/message back and fourth would also help me switch up my eating and give me a variety of different foods to make/try since i'm pretty much sticking to the same things everyday and i'm getting bored with it. so if anyone is interested in messaging eachother on a daily basis with what we've eaten that day and checking our results at the end of each week, that had surgery  around the same time as me, send me a message

labellavita1982
on 7/18/11 9:10 am - Neenah, WI
I had my surgery a month after you in May. I would be willing to be your WLS friend. I have a friend that had surgery the same day as me at the same place. We became friends at the preop support group. She isn't having much luck. She's only lost 18 pounds since surgery.
hlacy
on 7/18/11 3:07 pm - Chandler, AZ
As well as on OH, check to see if there is a Group or Page for your surgeon on Facebook. I found one for mine, and I made a friend on the page after posting my surgery date - she and I are having our surgery on the same day, same surgeon!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

PJK
on 7/18/11 3:14 pm
Hi we had our operation on the same day, I am in the same boat as you I do not count the calories as I do not know how. I eat my cereal in the morning at about 09:00 I have a small snack and then at lunch I have what I eat last night in the afternoon I have a soup (it is winter in south Africa). And at about 18:00 I have supper a small amount till I feel happy. I stick to the program where the type of food is concerned. My mail address is [email protected] if you would like to communicate. I started at 364.1 pounds and I am now 258 pounds, I have just come of a 3 week stall cycle. i fell i can do better but need the push.
nancy409
on 7/18/11 9:07 pm - PA
I had surgery one day before you and use the Nutrition tracker under the Tools menu on this page.  I have lost 54.8 pounds since my surgery.  Just had a week that I only lost .2 pounds but the scale moved this week, which I figured it would.  I try to eat as "normal" as possible.  I watch carbs, really can't eat much carbs without a bite or two filling me up anyway.  I will friend you if you want.

Most Active
Recent Topics