Scale recommendation

jenn4803
on 7/18/11 11:16 pm
Any new scales on the market that you would recommend. Is digital better than the regular? I have a reglar scale but it is always a few pounds off from the doctor's scale.
babybooo828
on 7/18/11 11:26 pm
 Any scale I have ever owned, it always a few punds off from my doctors. I know that I will weight 3 to 5 pounds hevier, depending on what doctor's office I am at.

I like a digital scale personally. I went to Wal-Mart and looked at the scales, prices, and weight limit to see which scale I would buy. When I came home and tested it, I weighed myself a few times, to make sure it was producing the same number and didn't just give random numbers each time. I had a scale that will give a 2 pound differance when I weigh and then weigh again right away. 

MrsFreund
on 7/18/11 11:54 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I'm having the same issue. My scale is 7lbs off from my dr. So you can imagine how bummed I was at my last apt. I have been thinking about buying a new scale but wasn't sure how to go about getting an accurate scale.

Paul C.
on 7/18/11 11:59 pm - Cumming, GA
If you want to save yourself a lot of frustration throw all your scales away!

A good scale is typically not going to be a cheap scale.  I use a scale that gives weight, body fat %, hydration, bone density and calorie recomendation. It also has a normal and athletic mode.  I find it to be fairly accurate when compared to my gym.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
robynlynnm
on 7/19/11 12:20 am - Westminster, MD
I have the digital Weigh****cher scale and it is VERY accurate.  I think we got it at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Lileee
on 7/19/11 2:11 am

i bought a Bathroom AND Kitchen Scale from this place and they are The BEST i have EVER had in my whole entire life!!!  To The Ounce!!!   http://www.eatsmartproducts.com/

Start Weight 275 - im 52yrs Old - 5'7"

had my RNY January 10th 2011

275/230!!!/150

Pupcake !.
on 7/19/11 2:56 am - Stranded in, IA
Oh HELL NO!

I bought an eat smart scale from amazon to replace my trusty Tanita.  It had some interesting reviews of people having trouble with it's accuracy but most changed their reviews after contacting the company and receiving replacement scales for free.

I used mine for a month- it was amazingly "accurate" if you got on it once- the weight never changed if you got on it 10 times unlike other scales I owned.  It was 1# lower than my Tanita so that was also a bonus!

But......

My weight loss was strange, it bounced all around no matter what I ate, and after working hard on weight loss I had gained 2# that month.  Frustrated I started cheating on my diet.

At about 5 weeks I decided to try my old Tanita because the weight didn't make sense.

I had lost 8# per the Tanita, I then checked at work and I had lost 9# there.

Check the reviews on Amazon.

as a side note they sent me an E-mail REQUESTING I write a positive review for the scale.  Not Amazon but the company- something is screwy there.

Pup

(not trying to knock you lilee)

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Tim T.
on 7/19/11 5:23 am - Eastham, MA
I said to my primary physician " Hey, your scale, the surgeons scale and the scale in my bathroom are all different!" He replied " Well which one do you like the best??" 
ready_2_live
on 7/19/11 8:54 am - Niceville, FL
 Believe it or not, I do not own a scale and have no desire to have one so I really can't help you with a scale review. At 17 months out I still weigh ONLY at my doctor's office and I'm perfectly content with that. It's not about a number on the scale, at least for me, but I realize it is for so many. Its about health, how I feel and how I feel in my clothes, and I hope it stays that way! I agree with the other poster (Dave I think) about throwing the scales out! 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 204 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics