Looking for any one who had RNY surgery in 2009

SLIMPRGIRL
on 7/22/11 5:52 pm

How are you making out?  did you reach your weight goal?  any tips for getting off my last 25 lbs. it seems like I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds,,  it's driving me nuts.. Some times I Think this is it.  and I not going to lose anymore weight.

jkjstars123
on 7/22/11 10:40 pm - Tama, IA
Not quite at my goal but I was close (within a couple pounds) now I'm 10 pounds away and struggling. Need to get focus and get back on track before I gain more weight. It seems like my body decide to stop about 5 pounds before my goal weight.

I'm eating too much junk and too often. I was exercising a lot but not lately so that is bad.

I will not give up on this!!! Easier said than done though!

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

tawnia49
on 7/22/11 11:46 pm

Hi!!  I had surgery on Sept 30, 2010 and have lost 125 lbs so far, which is great!  However, I lost this by 14 months out. So, here it is 8-9 months later and I am still at the same weight.  I weigh 169 and would like to lose another 25 lbs or so.  I feel great but know I could feel even better.  The problem is in my eating and my activity level :(..
I don't overeat, I can't because I will get sooo nauseous, but I do love my carbs and have been sucked back into them and mostly unhealthy breads.  This was a hugh problem for me before and I let my gaurd down and started eating them and now I am having trouble again.  I do still eat a good amt of protein d try to get them in first but if I let myself get too hungry, lets say greater that 3 hrs after last eating, I have a natural tendancy to reach for the carbs first!!  I don't get enoough water but I wonder if you all count your iced tead or iced coffee as water?  Cuz if that's the case i'm really fine there! 
Then there is the activity piece.  I was a fanatic at the gym doing a great routine of cardio and strength but then got busy with life and this has all but dropped off.  Me and my hubby still try to go but seem to always have other things to do...work, get-aways, house projects, etc.
So, I keep on trying to find the balance and keep trying to prioritize my food intake!!
Tawnia        
lynnc99
on 7/23/11 12:00 am
My surgery date was 7/15/09.

I dropped 105 lbs at my lowest, from 258 to 153. I now hover at 155-158.

Ideally, I would like to lose 10 more pounds but overall I am happy with my appearance, health, and clothing size. My weight is very stable and I have a well established pattern to my eating.

I do exercise and avoid all processed sugars and refined carbs.
TrueNorthFriend
on 7/23/11 12:58 am - Canada
I had RNY in Nov 09.  Have lost 120 lbs.  Have been stable for 3 or 4 months at that weight.  I did not have a goal weight.  My idea was to learn and follow the guidelines to the best of my ability and to see where my body went with that.  At 5'4", I started at 266 and am now at 145.  I did have a few months between my two children of being 125 - so I know it is possible to be there - but I'm certain there would be worlds of grief to get there.

I try to focus on activity to maintain.  Now, it may be that I fall in love with running and become a skinny person.  But so far, that hasn't happened.  I'm happy riding my bike.  The coming winter will be a challenge, as every winter is.    Good luck to you!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/23/11 2:26 am - OH
Although I had my surgeyr in 2007 (4 years next month) I wanted to let you know that, although I lost the first 100 pounds in exactly six months post-op, it took me another 14 months ****il I was 20 months post-op) to lose the other 85 to get to my goal weight... and it tookprobably 6 months to drop the last 25 or so.

So, just remain diligent about what you are eating (watch those carbs, even in fruits, veggies, and dairy!) and whatever exercise you are able to do an (hopefully) the rest will come off.

You may, however, have to consider that you are at a weight that your body is comfortable with and that the only way to lose the last 25 would be to exercise like a maniac or half starve yourself (and continue doing so in order to maintain that lower weight).  Sometimes what our hearts want in terms of a goal weight and what our bodies are willing to do without extreme measures are completely different.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

siberiancat
on 7/23/11 2:31 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
My RNY was March 25,  2009.  I reached my goal at 22 months post op and currently 8 pounds under my goal.  I am 2 months post op plastics and lost 5 pounds after that.

I still keep a food log and try to stay around 1200 calories.  I get 100 gm protein a day.  I eat "clean" , raw and organic as possible.  I try to omit white flour, white sugar, white rice, pasta, junk food, fast food, processed food with preservatives, chemicals and meat with nitrates, hormones and pesticides.

I am getting really "picky" about healthy foods.  I feel so much better and have so much energy and I want to "fuel" my body with good nutrients.

I try to eat protein first then veggies/ fruits and some 100% whole grains.  I have whey isolate protein powder twice a day.  I still have dumping issues, so stick to 9 gm sugar or less per serving.  Also having some reactive glycemia so eat something every 3 hours- always protein with veggie/ fruit or 100% whole grain.

Not exercising much as plastic surgeon will only let me walk these last 2 months - but hope to get more active soon.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Kelly S.
on 7/23/11 5:23 am
Yep, I am exactly the same as you. Want to lose 25 more and keep losing and gaining the same five pounds.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

5100kiki
on 7/23/11 8:47 am
Well...hey I made my estimated goal weight but would I like to lose another 25 pounds....yes...

SLIMPRGIRL
on 7/24/11 7:39 am
Thanks guys for all your replys.. I know I need to get my butt moving, I don't do a whole
lot of that!!       
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 393 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 250 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 134 views