Hairy Tongue

melizabeth
on 7/21/11 10:33 am - CA
Today I decided to try my first Isopure passion protein drink only to find that after the FIRST sip i thought hairs had grown on my lips and tongue.  Do all the protein drinks leave you with this feeling?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

jmelyn1977
on 7/21/11 10:37 am
YES!!!!   I am not sure I have ever thought of that exact description... however,  I drink 2 isopure grape frost drinks a day and when I started drinking them they left my nouth feeling rough and dry.  Since I have been drinking them now for quite some time either that feeling has gone away or I am just getting used to it... 
Good luck it does get better.   :)
Jamie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/21/11 10:55 am - OH
Try the Cytomax Cytosport Pure Performance protein waters.  They do NOT do that!  They come in 3 flavors (tangerine, watermelon (which tastes more like fruit punch than watermelon), and a tropical (which is bright green and kind of apple/pear tasting with just  a hint of coconut)).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Raynae S.
on 7/21/11 11:54 am - PA
 Lora, 
You are full of great information...I look forward to hearing what you have to say.  You help others more than you probably know.  Thanks!!

Raynae
Dave Chambers
on 7/21/11 10:38 am - Mira Loma, CA
Are you talking about the "ready made" protein drinks by Isopure?  I tried these 5 years ago right after surgery.  I about barfed. No, not all proteins are as bad as this one tastes.  Check with vitalady.com . She has several individual samples you can purchase. Too many post ops buy the "giant economy sized" protein jugs, only to find out they can't stand them. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

melizabeth
on 7/21/11 10:44 am - CA
Yes, I was talking about a "ready made" Isopure protein drink.  I looked on the Vitalady website this morning and there was so much to choose from I couldn't decide which samples to order.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Dave Chambers
on 7/21/11 1:17 pm - Mira Loma, CA

You could have chosen any number samples "blindfolded" and likely found them better tasting than what you bought. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/21/11 10:52 am - OH
No, not all protein drinks do that... just the Isopure protein waters (all flavors).  If you chill them almost to the point of freezing so they are just a little slushy (I thought maybe that nwould help me gag down the few I had), it actually makes your tongue kind of numb feeling!  Well, it did MINE, anyway.  Yuck!

I like the Cytosport ones mostly because they do NOT do that (and do not have any nasty aftertaste).  They are sometimes hard to find anywhere but online, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Rebecca H.
on 7/21/11 11:22 am
I tried the Isopure ready made protein drink, 1 sip and that was enough for me. Yuck! I had a case that a friend purchased for me. I returned them to the store and purchased the GNC Lean protein ready made drink. Soooo much better but not as much protein in the drink.
immafatgirl
on 7/21/11 11:27 am - KY
when i first read your post "HAIRY TONGUE"  i thought man that biotin is some potent stuff. lol
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 350 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 230 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?