Protien Help

stellasnyder1
on 7/24/11 7:15 am - Williams, AZ
Help I am 5 days out and not sure how to get my protien in. I have Premier Protien shakes 30g per shake. That's good but tomorrow I can start on Pureed foods. If anyone has suggestions on Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner maybe I can try to follow. The shakes are good in between but they said I need to try real food too. Plus I have only had 2 shakes a day for the last 2 days and I think thats why I have such a bad headache. I am getting plenty of water in so I know I'm not dehydrated. I did try plain greek yogurt with some of my chocolate protien powder mixed in for breakfast today. (YUK) It was awful and I barely got it down. Thanks anyone for your help

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
ninadiet
on 7/24/11 7:58 am
 I had a hard time too in the first weeks.  I bought some premade shakes and I added water to them, then they were drinkable.  I also madegrapenut custard. 1 cup milk, 1egg, 2-3 packs splenda, dash of vanilla,add to 2 T grapenuts, cook in microwave for 7-9 mins on medium.  good:)
Lammy
on 7/24/11 8:34 am - North Providence, RI
Didn't your doctor give you a plan to follow? If not you should ask for one. Here is a link to the plan my surgeon has patients follow... Stick to the plan and definitely ask your surgeon for one

http://www.rwmc.org/bariatric_surgery/pdf/firstSixWeeks_BypassBand.doc

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

thinkingthin2011
on 7/24/11 8:40 am - RI
I really like using the Davinci sugar free syrups to help things taste better. I usually put that in my plain greek yogurt and it tastes really good. I like greek yogurt anyway but not plain. I also continued to drink my protein shakes to make sure I got enough in. My doctor said that if I can't fit all my food in for the day than to make sure I drink another shake. Talk to your doctor and find out.

RNY date 6/28/11
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views