funny feeling in mouth

kevinj
on 7/22/11 10:19 am - NY
Amost every day in the late afternoon and evening my tounge gets a minerally taste and dry feeling that lasts until I go to bed. Has anyone else had this? I drink 12-14 cups of water each day so it is not dehydration. All labs are excellent. Protien intake 90-110 each day. Any suggestions?

poet_kelly
on 7/22/11 11:51 am - OH
What was your B12 level?  Your zinc level?

If those are good, I don't have any other ideas.  Actually, I don't know why those things would only cause the problem in the afternoon instead of all day.  Is there something in particular that you eat for lunch every day that might do it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mia H.
on 7/22/11 11:52 am - OH
 I get that from my vitamins.  Once these chewables are gone, I'm going to try swallowable ones.

LoraLeeME
on 7/22/11 12:42 pm, edited 7/22/11 12:42 pm
I remember that too. I always attributed it to the protein drinks, but it could be vitamins or medication. It could be something you do in the morning that builds up by afternoon. Oral health becomes an issue for post ops. This is because of the malabsorption and nutritional changes. You may need to visit your dentist.

A friend of mine swears by biotene mouth rinse. She had a similar problem.

Good luck to you.
Sharyn S.
on 7/22/11 1:15 pm - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with
Are you taking Flagyl???

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

Proudtobaloser
on 7/22/11 1:56 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Some people have been saying that ISOPURE (the already made drinks) make them have weird and dry feelings in their mouths. I know already I could not hack the Isopure because even though i have not had my surgery yet, I tried a little of each flavor recently and actually puked. NEVER again

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Anabella
on 7/22/11 4:42 pm - Fresno, CA
 Funny I've been having the same problem. It started @ 2wks. ago, I'll have to ask my Dr. next time I see him.