Beef Jerky?

StacyAnn07
on 7/26/11 7:02 am - Del City, OK
Quick question for everyone. I am on my way to being able to have surgery, have to loose 38 pound first but after that I'm good to go!! I loooove beef jerky and was always under the impression its not bad for you. Can we eat jerky after RNY?  I know that might be a silly question but I just wanted some facts. Thank you everyone!

Stac
waitinggame
on 7/26/11 7:06 am - Bowie, MD
Yes, you can. Do you also like the slim-jim style snack sticks? There are some really good, RNY friendly alternatives to the slim jim--check into Ostrim--I think they have a jerky too. Nice and lean with a nice punch of protein. A little pricey though. Not remembering exactly how soon after surgery jerky would be okay. Perhaps a newer out can help with that.

Good luck!!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Dot T.
on 7/26/11 10:08 am - Bartlesville, OK
Where do you find Ostrim?  Never heard of it...

I like the Jack Links Beef Nuggets.
waitinggame
on 7/26/11 1:00 pm - Bowie, MD
Netrition.com is where I get mine...

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

*6.5 lost preop

StacyAnn07
on 7/26/11 7:14 am - Del City, OK
Thank you!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 9:54 am - Boston, MA
 YES I eat jerky everyday, low fat, low calorie, high protein and my pouch likes it.  I just recently tried some Ostrim I like that as well but not as much as regular jerky!  GOod luck on your weight loss, I lost 25 lbs on the 2 week pre op diet which was 2 protein shakes and 4 oz meat 1 cup veggie for dinner!  good luck to you =)
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/11 9:59 am - OH
Jerky is VERY high in sodium, though...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cabin111
on 7/26/11 12:56 pm
I keep beef jerky in my pockets along with rye crackers and different nuts...
waitinggame
on 7/26/11 1:01 pm - Bowie, MD
Anyone who travels with jerky and crackers in their pocket can hang with me any day!! :)

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics