How far out were you before your 1st stall??

mabell1026
on 7/26/11 5:44 am - CT
Hi all,

I am 5 months out and hit my first stall.  I have lost 64 lbs, but for the last 2 weeks or so, I can not lose a pound.  It's so frustrating!!

Any pointers??

Danielle B.
on 7/26/11 5:55 am
I have been stalling for the past month and I am 8 months out... I completely understand your frustration!

poet_kelly
on 7/26/11 6:19 am - OH
I only had one stall, when I was six months out.  I did not lose anything for a whole month.  I  know some people complain about a stall when they don't lose anything for three days, but I don't consider that a stall.

Don't worry about it.  Stalls are normal.  You'll start losing again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/11 6:39 am - OH
I stalled for 2 weeks at just 3 weeks out and then stalled for NINE weeks at nine months out.

Just keep doing what you have been doing, and give your body a chance to do what IT needs to do.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Affinity4life2010
on 7/26/11 9:48 am - Rogue River, OR
I just broke out of an 8+ week stall!!! I'm so relieved. You'll start losing again I promise.. I went back to a protein shake in the morning and cut back on carbs to jump start.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/26/11 9:55 am - Belleville, IL
About 3 weeks out I guess. Then monthly. My longest "stall" was for nearly 3 months at around my 6-7 month mark out. All these are NORMAL. Measure yourself...It's not about weight but HEALTH and are you losing SIZES!

Weight loss is like a stair case... You lose a couple pounds then you plateu off for a little bit (anywhere from a few days to a few WEEKS) then lose another couple o' pounds. This is how it rolls.

Use the SEARCH feature and you will see crap loads of threads...EVERYONE thinks they are the only one who "stalls" and yet ALL of us stall (You, yes you laddie, lassie...ALL of you will stall.) During that time take measurements...Look at your BEFORE surgery photos...Take PICTURES of your clothes that you wear NOW as compared to your PRE-OP largest size clothes!

The pointer is..."Fugget about it" and stick to the rules, up your water intake and ROLL WITH THE FLOW. This is all normal.

Warmly,
Jackie

ktharp89
on 7/26/11 9:58 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I have stalled right now for the first time. It is SO frustrating.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

dianabelle12
on 7/26/11 11:01 am
i am 3 and a half months out and stalled for 2 weeks now,this is my second one also stalled at about 3 weeks out,they are so annoying!

Most Active
Recent Topics