3 month post op today!

Kathy B.
on 7/27/11 9:53 am - ME
I feel so good! No complications at all. I can eat everything on all food stages now.  Even pizza.....just not much of it.  I love my RNY and so glad I did it. The first week post op was hell on earth, but so worth it. I am down 50 pounds with about 25-30 more to go. Fitting into clothes I have not worn for 8 years. Rings I haven't worn in 10 years!  Bath towels cover me and I can easily bend down to clip my toe nails and not lose my breath!  I am so happy and my husband is very proud of me. The weight has come of easily but sporadically.  No cravings. I am in control of the fat beast.

Go to google and search for:  itsallaboutkathy   or go to You Tube and search: itsallaboutkathy   I make videos periodically to document my journey.

Kathy

lapbandlisa
on 7/27/11 11:10 am
Congrats Kathy on your weight loss.  I have not had surgery yet, but I see you say the first week was hard.  For someone going in what can you tell us would have made it better or easier.  Was it just the pain the first week that was so horrible?

Lisa

Kathy B.
on 7/27/11 11:20 am - ME
The first week for me was hard because I could not get comfortable in bed. Gas pain was bad and I was so weak I could hardly walk. I would recommend a recliner to sleep in for the first few nights. Don't try to skimp on pain meds for the first few days, because the pain will catch up with you all at once. Have a friend or loved one there to help you get your shakes and little meals and to encourage you to get in your fluids.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 234 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics