Curious if anyone else has "staircase" style weight loss

maggiet
on 7/28/11 4:16 am - Durham, NC
That is exactly how my weight loss is going - stair steps. Glad you brought it up and that others have replied that they are similar.

lulusmom87
on 7/28/11 4:22 am
I'm about 7 months out and yes, it's a stair step process for me.  Except mine goes down a pound, up a pound, down 2, level off, up one, down three.

It's very frustrating.

redhotengine1
on 7/28/11 4:32 am - Clayton, NC
That's pretty much how I've been losing.  At the beginning it was a little bit every day but now I go about 5-10 days with nothing and then lose consistently around 6-10 lbs over the next 2 weeks, then back to the cycle.
Don't worry about weighing every day!  Some of us (yes, I do it every morning) feel the need to SEE it! lol

Come visit my blog...www.losingmyinhibitions.wordpress.com

Jenny_D
on 7/28/11 4:34 am - Canton, GA
Awesome! Glad it's normal. I'm actually happy to hear that it is SUPPOSED to go this way. Now I can stop fretting over it and wondering if I am doing something wrong! LOL.

Thanks for the replies!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

waitinggame
on 7/28/11 4:41 am - Bowie, MD
Maybe if you don't weigh everyday ...KIDDING, KIDDING!! Just had to!!

I think it is really very common. Remember back in the old days when I actually LOST weight that it was like that. Those horizontal days were frustrating, but boy were the vertical days fun. Nothing, nothing, nothing--BOOM!! You are doing awesome!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

msanson
on 7/28/11 4:39 am - CA
I'm about 9 weeks out and have lost about 42 lbs.. I started a t 266 now I'm 223. I feel the same way. Sorry I can't figure out how to Input ur weight progress ..on the ticker.. It feels like the scales never gonna move.. But we know it will everybodys different. Have faith and it will soon move again
clsino
on 7/28/11 4:46 am
I have to say I didn't weigh myself daily.  I think I weighed maybe once a month.  It really helped my sanity.  I never knew if I hit a plateau or was in a stall.  Much better for my mental health. 

I weigh more frequently now that I am at goal because I think it is important to keep track but when I was losing I didn't drive myself nuts. 

Christy

Jenny_D
on 7/28/11 5:01 am - Canton, GA
 People don't listen.  
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

c5felsspirit
on 7/30/11 2:58 am - lake cormorant, MS
c5felsspirit
on 7/30/11 3:05 am - lake cormorant, MS

I too have a staircase going. We had surgeryt he same day and have lost roughly the same amount. WTG!

Now for the bad news.....  give the scale to a neighbor or a friend or have a family member hide it from you.  Tell them they can NOT let you have it but ONE day a week. This was actual advice from my surgeons team. And I promise it has helped me in so many ways.

As long as we are eating our protein, drinking our water, taking our vitamins and exercising then guess what.... We will loose!!!!! We just have to follow the rules!!!!

Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views