Constipaiton??

afrog777
on 7/29/11 12:55 am - Houston, TX
Ok I havnt had this problem in a while so Im askin again. I have not really had a good BM in about 2 wks. I have had a very sm BM and Im still passing gas so I dont think obstruciton. Anway Monday I took 2 pink laxatives and nothing, Wednesday 1 blue laxative and nothing, yesterday I ate prunes and raisins all day oh and drank prune juice and STILL NOTHING!!!! Im so bloated and gassy feeling but I can't poo! Please tell me what you guys do!!!!

Thanks!

mdolan20
on 7/29/11 1:03 am - Brick, NJ
I had that this week also...a cup of edamame for dinner did it for me the next day!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

CarolBeth
on 7/29/11 1:59 am - SoCal, CA
The only thing that works for me on a consistent basis is Miralax.  It dissolves fabulously in warm liquids but also works in cold.  I can adjust the quantity I take up or down or not take it for a few days, but it does the job every time.  I find I need to take it at least every few days or so, or I suffer dire consequences!
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Dee2011
on 7/29/11 4:07 am - PA
I take 2 colace (walmart brand) 3 times a day and miralx once a day.  And drink 1 can of V8.  Once in a while I will eat 4 - 6 prunes.  Yesterday I bought some sf licorce and absent mindedly ate almost the whole bag, well, let me  tell you the sugar alchols kicked in and I spent a good part of the evening in the bathroom.  So now I know a new laxative. LOL
afrog777
on 7/29/11 6:16 am - Houston, TX
Ok now I've eaten m&ms thinking that will make me dump... This is horrible

Cookiemoon
on 7/29/11 12:42 pm - Wylie, TX
RNY on 09/21/09 with
I have an M&M addiction, so I can't keep them in the house  As if the calories aren't bad enough, the chocolate has constipated me since I was a child.
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatPreOp 235/Lap RNY SW 221/CW 134  Open hernia repair 8/28/11

hisxmorticia
on 7/29/11 11:16 am - FL
i mix benefiber in my crystal light 1-2 times a day. works like a charm, lol.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Shelly S.
on 7/29/11 12:20 pm - Mason, MI
Ok, time to get serious. Drink a cup of regular coffee on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and then try to relax. Cream and sugar or skim and splenda do not change this old remedy, so add what you like.

This is the rememdy my father stands behind 100%. I used it last week and it worked like a charm. Good luck to you----
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
Cookiemoon
on 7/29/11 12:43 pm - Wylie, TX
RNY on 09/21/09 with
I agree with your Dad. I add Miralax to my coffee a few times a week.
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatPreOp 235/Lap RNY SW 221/CW 134  Open hernia repair 8/28/11

Geminisappho
on 7/29/11 11:39 pm - Atascadero, CA
If you have only had 1 BM in two weeks it is time to either, remove the impaction yourself or go to the Dr and have them remove it for you. I would very impressed and excited for you if you can defecate it out, but.....

On that note. To hopefully not get there again and add to what others have said. I take a stool softener twice daily, every day, period. I make sure I have my very minimum of water in 64oz. I monitor my body closely. I was doing Miralax everyday but I have been going every day to every other day for a bit now and have stopped the Miralax. But if day 2 goes by (for me) I take some Miralax and maybe even a supposiotiry. It may be overboard for some but for me , and monitoring my body, I know at day 2 if I have not defecated then there will be some issues on the days ahead.  get to know your signs that consipation is in the future. Also if your not eating some good greens then that can really help as well. Good luck to you.
***ADRIENNE**