How many ounces should I be eating 7 months out

cece1971
on 8/3/11 3:10 am - Lancaster, PA
I was just curious what is the recommended per meal intake at 7 months post-op?

CECE

poet_kelly
on 8/3/11 3:29 am - OH
I think what's recommended depends on who you talk to.  I think I was eating between 3/4 cup and one cup of food at a time back then, and my dietician said that was good.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kimndan18
on 8/3/11 4:23 am - IA
My NUT said never more than 1/2 cup at a meal, that being said, I do between 3/4 and 1 cup, 1/2 no where near satisfies me anymore but it does depend on how dense the protein is sometimes it way less.

kipz303
on 8/3/11 4:43 am
I too have been at 3/4 to 1 cup since about 6 months. I "can" get in more if I wanted to but I try my best not to pu****thats what got me in trouble before surgery ..I hardly ever measure my food now I just know how much I can eat of certain things..but I'm 10 days from my 1 year

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

lorilea
on 8/3/11 9:42 am - MN
I think it also depends on how often your Dr has you eating.  Many people are told to eat smaller meals more often.  My Dr only wants me eating three times a day, I am close to 7 months also, and depending on the food, I can do a cup

mimilarue
on 8/3/11 12:51 pm
You guys are talking more about how much protein right??? With a food that breaks down into nothing, like salad, I think a cup is unrealistic right, of course I mean so far out.
 This is a life long journey I am ready to take...bring it on   

241 at first consult
218 day of surgery 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views