clothes shopping

nancy409
on 7/30/11 12:15 am - PA
I am 3.5 months out from surgery and so enjoying watching my clothes sizes drop.  I even have begun to enjoy shopping again and don't mind trying clothes on with friends.  I use to buy purses or shoes when shopping with friends to avoid having to go to the larger sizes while they were buying smaller size clothing.   I have been finding some good bargains on shorts and shirts on sale, which is good because I have gone thru so many sizes since surgery.

My problem is we are going to Disney at the end of September and a cruise the week after Thanksgiving.  Trying to guess what sizes I will be in at that time is hard plus if I wait much longer all of the summer clothes will be out of the stores and winter clothes will be in.

I was so excited yesterday when I was at the store and was trying on a sundress.  I took a 16 into the dressing room and my daughter said it was too big.  Tried a 14 and it fit pretty well.  Decided for the price I would pick up a size 12 and hope it fits in September.  Never thought I would be worrying about clothes being too big!  What a great feeling!

Lori P.
on 7/30/11 12:47 am - Kenosha, WI
Good for you!!!!  

I have found Ebay a great source for inexpensive off season clothing when I am in need of "cruise clothes".....I am a cruise junkie   and I am often looking for summer clothing in the dead of winter.            If you shrink beyond the 12....and the summer clothing is gone try Ebay.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

nfarris79
on 7/30/11 3:29 am - Germantown, MD
 Very good idea - I've routinely been buying sizes I don't quite fit into when it's a good bargain. Also, drawstrings & belts are your friends for the time being and dresses usually can get your thru some in-between sizes. They don't look so ridiculous when slightly baggy as pants do....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

regina71
on 7/30/11 12:10 pm
How exciting for you.  i would agree that 12 might be a good size to get or get clothes that are a little tigher now, so you know you could achieve the needed weight by then for them to fit.

I bought my winter coat for next year right after surgery, I'm hoping it fits and I guessed right as well :)

It might be to big! EEEK! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics