Just when I was on a roll....

princessfrogee
on 8/1/11 4:17 pm - AL
Tomorrow is my 6 wk surgiversary.  Have had a great WLS experience.  Nothing major, no problems that weren't short term.  Only sick twice and was due to not chewing long enough/eating too fast.  Once that lower abdomen burning flew the coop, I had planned on doing some light eliptical workouts then work up from there, but due to some issues with my disabled SIL that lives with us, she wasn't sleeping, so I was sleep deprived and had no desire to work out.  So this week was going to be THE wee****il stupid me was at my kids Jiu Jitsu gym and I wasn't paying attention and turned to talk to one of the kids and walked smack into the base of an exercise bench stand.  I think I may have broken my pinky toe and the one next to it.  I can't move either one.  It hurts to even walk on it.  Was going to have it x-rayed, but everyone laughs and says it will be a waste of money because they can't do anything for a broken toe anyway.  I have my six wk post-op on Wed but not sure the WLS surgeon will want to look it over.  ha ha  Will see what he says when he asks if I have been exercising and I tell him why I haven't.  UGH!!!  I HATE being slowed down and not able to do things!!!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
jazzycatz
on 8/1/11 4:44 pm - Joppa, MD
Seriously?  Go have it looked at.  They make sure it's going to heal right at least.  And tape it up and you get one of those shoes.   Have 2 co-workers in the shoes now that have broken toes.  Each of them broke the pinky toe and the one right next to it. 

If they heal improperly you could have issues later on with pain and possible swelling at times.  If not an ER go to a Patient First or someplace like.

Hugs.  I know it hurts.  I have broken both feet.  Had to have surgery and a screw put in my left one. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 7:13 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Well, all you can do is to tape them together and put on a shoe to control them.  There's nothing that
will be done and you may as well save yourself the expense of having an x-ray and a doctor's visit
for them to tell you the same thing.

Try doing aqua-exercises;  no stress on the poor little toes.

Good luck!
princessfrogee
on 8/2/11 3:10 am - AL
Thanks!

LJ1972
on 8/2/11 3:42 am - FL
If the toes are obviously deformed you need to have them checked so they can be reset. Otherwise, tape them together and wear hard sole shoes
princessfrogee
on 8/4/11 4:20 am - AL
THey weren't deformed, just real swollen and wouldn't move and hurt when forced to move.  It just felt like a different pain than a normal bruised type of pain.  Doing much better today Dr didn't think they were broken so hopefully he is right.

D-J
on 8/2/11 6:08 am

LJ is right,,my sisterinlaw broke her middle toe by doing almost the exact thing,,LOL and they rset it and put a pin in it,,

c5felsspirit
on 8/2/11 10:40 am - lake cormorant, MS
Girl.............. dont make me have to send like a gajillion messagaes! lol Go have it checked!!! If its hurting that bad you need to have a dr make sure its not misaligned...
Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

princessfrogee
on 8/4/11 4:18 am - AL
Went to my six wk post-op apt yesterday.  Mentioned the toes...he looks down and shrugs his shoulders and says, "Well if you are able to wear flip flops they must not be broken".  Then had a sarcastic laugh about it!!  WHAT???  As if I was going to cram those into tennis shoes??  I said, "Well they are existing in flip flops but it takes everything I have to keep that shoe from coming off when I walk".  You don't realise how much your toes help keep your flip flops on until you don't have working toes!  ha ha  He had a med student with him and the student looked at it closer and he said he didn't think they were broken, but prob. bruised down to the bone.  I was pretty irritated by the time I left there, but strangely enough, today the bruising is almost completely gone and though it hurts, I can move my toes about half-way now.  So maybe he was right.  But the flippant comment about the flip flops determining if it was broken didn't set well with me!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics