Gained about 5 pounds in a week

cmebducks
on 8/4/11 9:27 am
Ok - My husband is telling me to settle down and stop worring.  I am really bothered by this and am freaking out I don't want to get fat again.  I got down to 144 in July, yesterday and today I have been up to 150.  It has been about 14 months since surgery and this is the first time I have gained.  My calories have been higher lately - my doctor told me to add complex carbs (she said I could afford it) to help with lack of energy.  I strength train twice a week.  These are my calories for the last few days:

So do you think my calories are the issue - I am wondering if I should go back down to 1200-1400 

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 9:38 am - Santa Cruz, CA
It's only six lbs.  Just hold steady with about 1600' you need the calories for working out.

Don't worry--your body will appreciate the extra fuel while you're doing strength training, and you can
put on six lbs just for your TOM.    Your body will fluctuate just from water and food going in and out.

Best wishes,
afrog777
on 8/4/11 10:09 am - Houston, TX
I don't know I was just about to post I have gained 4 pounds in about a week. I track all my calories and lately been around 1200-1300 calories. But my carb count has been around 149 mostly from complex carbs but now Im wondering if that is too much. Maybe it is the carbs.

psworker
on 8/5/11 3:57 am
Our current situation is so similar it is uncanny!! At 14 months out I have been so excited about 143 and this week...148. :(  I have added carbs as well, tho I don't count cals. Also have been craving carbs right before bed and giving in with a few crackers, cookies, etc. I am cutting the carbs and upping the fluids this week.  The difference between now and all my past efforts is that I am going to get a handle on this early and not let 5 lbs turn into 10, 20, 30, 40 etc.  Hope you continue to do well and enjoy your workouts!  Jenny T
Most Active
Recent Topics