11 days post op

Kristen M.
on 8/5/11 6:25 am - VA
And I started my puree diet. I can eat more than what i thought of the mushed foods? is that normal? i know my nerves were cut & i won't be able to tell when i'm full right away...but as i progess into the real food phase will i be able to notice more & not eat as much? i had a small wendys chilli for lunch adn ate almost all of it maybe left 5 bites out...idk if that's normal?
What you do today creates every tomorrow-Oprah    
Holly O.
on 8/5/11 6:28 am - FL
Yup, that's normal!!  I only buy a small chili from Wendy's.  So delicious.......it is mushy so  it is fine!!  Hope your feeling well!!
   Holly                                      
Kristen M.
on 8/5/11 6:31 am - VA
so it is normalt o be abe to finish almost all of a small? or what about chicken salad & tuna? & do you not drink for an hour after the soft foods too? or is that not until the real food part?
What you do today creates every tomorrow-Oprah    
NikkiV
on 8/5/11 6:47 am - OH
I'm 4 wks out and a piece of toast with peanut butter on it fills me up.  Haven't tried chili, I was scared, cuz my book said beef was gonna be hard to handle.  I can only eat one egg with a piece of cheese on it and I'm full.  I do like to chop chicken and put it in mashed potatoes.  It seems like some foods I can eat more of and others just a little bit fills me up. It also depends on how well I've chewed it and how fast I eat it.

Lisa R.
on 8/5/11 7:05 am - CA
 My doctor said 2 ounces of food at a time, so I measured and weighed like crazy when I was only 5 weeks out, because you don't feel full!  

But now I am 3 months out and I could not eat a small chili, I get full REALLY fast.  

I would suggest that you measure out your food, you do not want to stretch anything out.  I hear people say on here all the time and I try to remember it in my daily life....

You because you can eat that much, doesn't mean you should.

But I don't think a small chili from Wendi's is that big, so you are fine, I am just saying if you feel like it is too much then measure what you eat.  I do believe that part of this journey has to do with our attitude and believe that it is working.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
MsAReed86
on 8/5/11 7:26 am - IL

I agree with Lisa! I'm 3 weeks out and I measure everything I eat. The doctor said no more than 1/4 cup of food 4-5 times a day. I read all the directions and realized that we are not suppose to have anything to drink for 30 mins before we eat. Before I realized that i was drinking before eating and wasn't really getting a full feeling, but I kept to the 1/4 cup of food. But now that I know I'm not suppose to drink for 30 mins before eating I can actually tell that I am full now, whereas before I couldn't tell with the liquids in my stomach. You may want to try going 30 mins without liquids before eating it makes a big difference!