1 month post op and nauseous

malia0650
on 8/5/11 4:58 pm - HI

I am 1 month out and FINALLY on stage 4 diet...but now everything I eat makes me nauseous and I end up throwing up. So now I am not getting the calories I need. Has anyone had this problem? I even tried to go back to some of the things I ate in stage 3, but even some of those things make me sick...I make sure I chew everything and all that, its just the taste in my mouth after or something.

It doesn't help that all my chewable vitamins and calcium make me want to scream..I'm taking the bariactric advantage vanilla multi vitamins, and the Calcet Citrate chocolate calcium chews...OVER IT! whats good!?!?! LOL

seattledeb
on 8/5/11 5:28 pm
I just remember being nauseated all the time that early out.
One thing that can really cause nausea is dehydration. Are you able to get your fluids in?
There is nothing wrong with going back to things that worked before. Food will work for awhile and then not. I still have things I can eat and then out of nowhere can't for  a while.
Try to work on fluids and protein. If you get really nauseated and can't keep fluid down you will need to see your doctor.
Take care,
Deb T.

malia0650
on 8/5/11 6:07 pm - HI
ya that could be my problem...i find it very hard to get all my fluids in, seems like after a few sips i feel full, then i get busy and forget to keep sipping throughout the day...gotta make more of an effort. the protein is getting hard too..but i gotta do what i gotta do! thanks so much for the advice!
seattledeb
on 8/5/11 6:15 pm
Have a glass beside you at all times. Sip except for the 30 (or however long your doctor says to wait) minutes after you eat food.
Water didn't/doesn't sit that well for me. Things that work for me,,,diet green tea, MIO flavors added to water, crystal light, and SF grape koolaide. Find fluids that work for you. It doesn't have to be water.
Take care,

Deb T.

dkrastins
on 8/5/11 10:21 pm - Canada
hi milia

i have been out of my surgery for 17 days now, and i am always feeling nausous, i cant seem to chew my food slowly, and thats my problem, hope this helps.....donna

krislbt41
on 8/5/11 10:41 pm - Center Line, MI
If you are dehydrated, and don't like plain water try Crystal light or Vitamin water but check the labels on the Vitamin water first.

I'm three weeks and two days post-op and every now and then have nausea, I believe it's because I'm not drinking enough liquids.  I get more hungry then thirsty.

Also when you have your follow-up let your surgeon know everything that has been happening with you.

Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics