I thought I was dying!!

kanitster1
on 8/7/11 10:03 am - OH
 I was putting a pc of boneless chicken into the food processor and I put a pc in my mouth not even thinking....OMG!!!  It got stuck or whatever...the pain!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I tried to take a sip of water and that came back up.  It lasted for about 15-20 min.  I was saying before dinner how I couldn't wait to not have to process all my food to death but now I'll be afraid to ever eat a regular bite of meat.  It will be a long time before I try that again!!  WOW!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 10:05 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Yep, mindful eating is the key! 

Chicken is often the hardest meat to start eating, I know I found shrimp was my best bet for
early foods.

Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 10:10 am - Boston, MA
 yup chicken still bothers me... steak and pork are much better!!
Jessica A.
on 8/7/11 10:14 am - Auburn, AL
 I agree.  I can eat almost any meat these days but still have issues with chicken for some reason.  It stinks too because chicken has one of the highest protein contents.  

NikkiV
on 8/7/11 10:29 am - OH
I put the chicken is mashed potatoes and it went down really well.

petiteposies
on 8/7/11 11:58 am - FL
Try some recipes with ground chicken, suprised my husband and me!  ...Sam
SugarGrl
on 8/7/11 10:49 am
I've never had good stuck but when I've gotten the foamies or cacked up food the culprit is usually chicken. I try to stay away from it when I can.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Tammy G.
on 8/7/11 12:02 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
That pain is horrible!! I haven't had it with chicken, but I am super careful to chew, chew chew. I did have it with tuna once when I ate too fast. Won't do that again!

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

heatherambrosia
on 8/7/11 12:18 pm - GA
I'm just in the pureed stage about week 2 1/2 and I have tried thigh meat. I chewed until my teeth hurt, but it went ok over all.
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 1:05 pm
Chicken gets mate still quite a bit.  Steak and burgers, are great and fish is iffy.  It's different for everyone!  It takes time to see what works.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 279 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views