Protein Shakes from Vitalady...any suggestions?

Raynae S.
on 8/8/11 7:00 am - PA
 I will be getting surgery Sept. 2nd and I want to order protein ahead of time so that I am prepared.  I do not like chalky tasking protein and I do not like rasberry or peach.  Does anyone have any suggestions what I should order? I feel like I am going to have a hard time getting protein shakes down.  Thanks!

Dave Chambers
on 8/8/11 7:26 am - Mira Loma, CA
Vitalady is one of the few places you can order indivdual serving samples.  Pick a few you like, and order 2 of each. Try one prior to surgery. Mark the 2nd sample Good or Bad, depending on how you like it.  A week after surgery, try one of the Good ones first. You may or may not like it, as taste buds tend to change post op. If you don't like the Good one, try the Bad marked one. This one may now taste ok.  Each pateint is different with their likes and dislikes of flavors, tolerances of gritty texture, aftertaste, too sweet, not sweet enough, etc. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Price S.
on 8/8/11 7:53 am - Mills River, NC
I just ordered 15 new samples myself, ready for some changes.  But I love the Nectars, lemon tea, latte, vanilla and chocolate, fuzzy navel.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

shellbell75
on 8/8/11 7:59 am
My favs are the BSN desserts. Yummo. Banana cream pudding is my fav. They are a little thick so I always mix in more fluid that recommended. Personally they are not chalky at all.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

poet_kelly
on 8/8/11 9:11 am - OH
Get a bunch of samples so you can see what you like.  Don't order a big tub up front.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sparklegigi
on 8/8/11 9:27 am - La Verne, CA
I have tried many proteins and like Isopure that I get from GNC most.  The fruit flavored ones are not very good in my opinion.  I like to add my own flavorings from Torani syrups instead.
Going with a gentle base flavor might ensure that you will get it down ok.
they also say that your taste changes after surgery, so if you buy one  now, you may not like it afterwards.
That didnt happen to me.

I didnt like the consistancy of unjury or nectar products.  I also tried a natural one (Terra) and another recommended by my Dr. (Robb?) and I keep buying the Isopure.

Good luck to you and your upcoming surgery, much success to you!

Raynae S.
on 8/9/11 3:32 am - PA
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am going to order some tomorrow!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 3 views
Recent Topics