Collecting Tried and True Bariatric acceptable recipes.

Jacqueline F.
on 8/10/11 8:28 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I am starting to collect tried and true bariatric acceptable recipes.  If you have a great recipe I would love to have it.  I am doing this for two reasons.  First I want to start really cooking again, and I want to encourage my family to participate.  Secondly, I intend after trying the recipe, posting them on a free bariatric website for all to use.  So please include with your recipe the information you want to have credited and attributed to your recipe...IE: Name, Surgery Date, Starting Weight, Current Weight, Amount Lost. Along with your complete recipe, you can post those here for everyone to share and email it to me at [email protected].  I am so looking forward to cooking great meals for my family and sharing that with others. 

Thank you so much,
Jackie

Becca R.
on 8/10/11 10:45 am - WA
Cabbage Rolls
1lb ground beef
1Jimmydean sasauge tube original
one cabbage
1/2 cup rice
1/2 onion diced
1/2 cup water
 beef  boullion granules (not the cube)

PREPARE: preheat oven to 350F. Cut out the stem and boil the cabbage in a big pot until easily pealed and moldable, then cool off under cold water. Mix the meats, cooked rice, onion into a bowl and sprinkle in some of the boulliion and salt/pepper (whatever desired). Take a heaping spoonfull of the meat mixture and roll it into one leaf of the cabbage and place into a baking pan ( you can really pack them in there) . continue untill you run out of meat or leaves. add a 1/2 cup of water to the pan and sprinkle more boullion over the top of your rolls then cover with foil and cook for an hour. SO yummy!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
DallasBBWmom
on 8/10/11 11:45 am - TX
Great idea!