Motivate me ANYONE!!

Reesheda H.
on 8/16/11 12:01 am - Jackson, MS
I am 7 months out and have not lost one single pound this month and I just look at the Calendar and realized I am 4 days from being 8 months out.  I have lost my confidence in my tool.  I know that I am not following all the rules, but I make a promise to myself that I will lose the rest of this weight and I am just in a slump.  I need anytype of cheer/thought etc....

Nan2008
on 8/16/11 12:12 am - Midland, MI

First off, congratulations on the weight you have lost thus far!!  You can do this, you just need to set your mind to it!!   Just think of before you had surgery and how badly you wanted it and all the reasons you were going to have surgery. 

You need to not only have confidence in the tool you have been given, but confidence in YOURSELF that you can do this!!  It's hard when our bodies reach stalls and we stop losing.  I remember month 12 for me I lost nothing... not one single ounce.  I thought I was done losing but month 13, the losing started again and I reached my goal of losing 160 lbs.  Since I have had my surgery, all three of my kids have had surgery (in 2010) and my daughter has lost 130 lbs and my boys about 180 lbs each!!  the changes I see in my kids as far as their confidence and their zest for life is worth everything they have gone through to get this far.

Keep focused on your goal and get back to basics would be my advice to you.  Are you getting in all of your protien, water, vitamins?  Remember protien first for your meals and try and get in at least 64 oz of water each day.

You can do this!  Good luck to you!

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

katheek
on 8/16/11 12:48 am - Cosmopolis, WA
I am waving my pom poms and cheering you on.  I could be in my first stall at 5 months and I read and read that this too shall pass.  At 8 months you are not done losing and I say that because of what I have read here on this very site. 

I believe that if we share what is going on we also  get to take a self examination.  Don't loose confidence in your tool, it works, take a look at what you are eating/not eating and drinking.  One of your admissions was, "I know that I am not following all the rules", oops...gotta follow the rules today and always.

I posted about cookies yesterday, I want a cookie and what I got was..go ahead have a cookie today but that does not mean I should have one tomorrow, or the next day, it doesn't mean have one today and you did so well, let's try 2 tomorrow. 

Kind of like an alcoholic..one drink is too many and 10 drinks is not enough.  One cookie for me will lead to two, three, four.....just like before surgery.

Keep posting and getting support and cheers. 

Take care.

KATHEE K

poet_kelly
on 8/16/11 1:25 am - OH
Your tool still works, I promise.  But it's like any other tool in the world, it only works right if we use it right.  So just go back to doing the things you know work.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Reesheda H.
on 8/16/11 1:43 am - Jackson, MS
Thanks to all that was what I needed.  As far as my protein I get between and 80-100 grams a day.  I drink tons of water at least 6-8oz a day.  My weakness is CHIPS they go down eazy and i can eat a bunch of them.  I have to regain my focus..I am sippin on a protein shake right now.  I am not always hungry, but seem to make badd choices at times when I eat.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics