No Preop liquid Diet!! Whoo hooooo!

Godgaveus2
on 8/16/11 8:23 am - WI
I had my first day of testing today and they told me that they don't require a preop liquid diet!  I just have to follow the preop diet until surgery.  They actually told me there is no scientific reason why some surgeons require this.  They also told me I will most likely be having lap instead of open unless there is unforeseen issues.  More great news for me!  This actually feels like it is really going to happen!
Doey
on 8/16/11 8:25 am - Puyallup, WA
My doctor has not required liquid either....just 1000 calories a day for 3 wks prior.
Doey

dawney
on 8/16/11 8:32 am
I'm on my second week of liquids.  My surgeon told me it is to shrink your liver so that while lap surgery it is safer, he would be able to see more.  I have lost nearly 10 pounds, so something is happening.  Hope everything goes okay with your journey.
Dawn A Boesch    
Godgaveus2
on 8/16/11 8:36 am - WI
Funny how every surgeon is different.  That is what they told me with the preop diet which consists of  3oz protein, 1 Cup Veggies, and 1 cup fruit, 3x a day, no snacking!  I can handle that!
shaney1111
on 8/16/11 9:29 am - Syracuse, NY
Congratulations, and get ready because its definitely guna happen  
Sheri W.
on 8/16/11 9:48 am - GA
That's great news.  My two weeks of liquid diet was the hardest thing about the whole surgery.  Especially the first 3 days.  :)

Lisa R.
on 8/16/11 11:56 am - CA
GOOD for you!  My doctor did not require a liquid diet either...thank God!  People on here just complain all the time about how hard it is.  I didn't even have a "diet" other then try not to eat carbs.  The day before surgery I had to do liquids only, that was it.

My surgery went great.  Not a problem at all.  I had mine lap too.

Going low carb is enough to shrink you liver for surgery I think, but I am NOT a doctor! :)

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand