Scalp issues

dufiedog
on 8/15/11 8:55 pm

Since my hair started falling out I have been little scalely patches on my scalp.  Has anyone else had this, know what causes it and more important, what I can do about it?

babybooo828
on 8/15/11 9:34 pm
I'm not sure if I had the scalely patches you are talking about, but I did have issues.

When my hair felt out, my scalp got dry and itchy and I had bad dandruff. I didn't want to give up my pantene shampoo for head and sholders, becasue I don't think it works as well with my hair. I was using 2 in 1. My brother told me since I wanted the pantene, to buy the pantene shampoo (not 2 in 1) and to get head and sholders conditioner. It seemed to work really well. When I shampooed, I would scrub my scalpe well to loosen any dry skin then, and hopefully have it wash out. Then, I would massage the conditioner into my scalpe. 

Currelty my hair and scalpe are doing much better. I just have tons of fly aways from the hair that fell out and is currently growing back in. 

Maybe this will work for you, or maybe others may have a better solution. Whatever you do, I wish you luck and hope that you problem is solved soon. 

YankeeRose
on 8/15/11 11:08 pm - Meadville, PA
I heard Nioxin products work really well for the hairloss and it is supposed to stimulate your scalp. I think they have a scalp specific product. Check out their website. I was also told that Sally's has a generic version which is cheaper.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Pattis70
on 8/16/11 2:42 am, edited 8/16/11 2:44 am
I have the same thing but not sure why it started after a year and half. I have itchy patches throughout scalp. I have tried different products for it but its no better.
Edit: I still have hairloss but alot of new regrowth. I keep my hair short because even after all this time I still have hairloss.
Rebecca H.
on 8/16/11 11:44 am
My scalp itches a lot. Since I'm losing so much hair, I only wa**** about 2 or 3 times a week and I wear it up a lot so I figured that is why it itches..... but maybe now. Hummm

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 7 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 357 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 355 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views