Are you Kidding me!!!!!!

JMANC
on 8/18/11 5:08 am
      Just need to vent, SORRY.. On Tuesday 2 weeks before surgery I saw my Surgeon. At the end of our appointment he said that he isn't sure how there was a mix-up but he is leaving for vacation the day of my surgery. So I had two options, the first one is he would try to switch my surgery date to the following week because he would be back. The second is still have my surgery as planned but he won't be there for my recovery. He said that he would prefer to be there to look after me and not leave me there for one of his Partners to look after. I can understand this so I said that if I could get something the following week I would fine with that, It's only another week right? But told me that If the following week didn't work out then he would still do the surgery as scheduled.

So today I received a call from his Secretary that my surgery date would be a month later. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I told her what the Dr. told me and she said that there was nothing she could do. So I ask that before anything is done I want to speak with my Dr.. So now I am waiting to hear from hi.

The only thing that upsets me is that since day one the Dr. has known that since I had been laid off from work that time is a virtue for me. Because If I start a new job I won't ever be able to take 2 to 4 weeks off to recover from surgery. I do sales another month would put me into the start of our slow season. Which means no one will be hiring until spring time. I need to be able to be able to support my family. My wife is a stay at home mother.

Oh ya and I have been on my liquid diet for almost two weeks. I guess that's my bad but whatever.

Thank you for you time.
John
Do not be afraid of tommorow; for GOD is already there.   ~ Author Unknown
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

poet_kelly
on 8/18/11 5:38 am - OH
Oh, I'd be mad too!  Hopefully if you speak to him you can get something worked out.  If not, would it be better to have your surgery before he goes on vacation and have one of his partners to follow up right after surgery?  I mean, I would assume he thinks his partners are skilled, capable surgeons, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JMANC
on 8/18/11 5:54 am
Hi Kelly,

I would love to have it done before he leaves. I'm hoping that when I chat with him he will hold his word and keep that an option. As far as the skill of the the other surgeons they are probably more experienced then he is anyway. My Dr. is the newest member to there team. Which is why I chose him in the beginning because his schedule was lighter. But he will be having the Head Dr. of the Dept. assisting on my surgery, So I figured I couldn't lose. 

Thanks for your input.             
John
Do not be afraid of tommorow; for GOD is already there.   ~ Author Unknown
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 6:02 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You know, if you REALLY like this surgeon, go ahead and let him fo it before he leaves. 
The post-op stuff is usually just making sure you're getting along ok, but if there are
problems, I'm sure his partners would be more than adequate in helping you to combat
any complications. He wouldn't be working with them otherwise, would he? 

Git 'er done!!

Good luck!
Rebecca H.
on 8/18/11 10:33 am
Good Luck! I agree. Have it done b4 the doctor's vacation. I had mine on a Friday morning and the partner was on call. I saw him once for about 5 minutes. That was it.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?