WLS blessing!

flsunshine
on 8/18/11 5:32 pm - Clearwater, FL
19 years ago I was an exchange student to the Netherlands.  I had a great year with wonderful friends and family.  When my year was up I promised to visit frequently and keep in touch.  Then I came back to the states and gained weight, and kept gaining.....  Eventually, I couldn't come up with reasons that I wasn't visiting and especially that I wouldn't send pictures and the contact became less and less frequent.  Under NO cir****tances would I have allowed my host family to see me the way I was.
Last month I had the opportunity to "visit" Holland while on a 9 hour layover on the way to Ghana.  Although I was nervous about doing so, (despite having lost over 100 lbs) I called my host family and told them I would be at the airport.  They drove the 2 hours each way to see me, and I was REALLY nervous.   Amazingly, they said I still looked THE SAME!!!!!!  I casually mentioned that I've gained weight since I left them, and they said they couldn't tell at all!  I was thrilled to hear that, and I was SO blessed to have the opportunity to see them again.
Now I'm planning a real trip to my host country next summer, and I feel confident going back now!  And, since I'm still losing I will look even better then (my goal is to lose another 40 lbs.).  My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner!!!!!

Gail S.
on 8/18/11 11:16 pm - New York, NY
Awesome! So happy for you!

Most Active