Sucker-Inners AKA: Shapewear

joghac
on 8/22/11 2:02 pm - NY
Sorry, I have called these uncomfortable pieces of clothing sucker-inners for years, cant get away from the name.  Anyway, can anyone suggest a brand, size, style for the stomach area.  I can wear the high underwear and its pretty comfy for me but only with dresses, it just doesnt work with pants and shirts.  I need something that will suck in my stomach that comes above my waste line.  I tried to buy some new school clothes and most smaller sizes fit great on the top chest area but no way fitting around my stomach.  Ugh its my worst asset and I have noticed loss everywhere else but there.  Now I am only 2 months out so I havent lost that much but I need to get some confidence here. So, can anyone help me look normal (besides a plastic surgeon)???

Karen O.
on 8/22/11 2:09 pm - Weirton, WV
SPANX! They are my top pick. I know some other ladies like the Slimpressions. SPANX has a wider variety of sizes - and they're comfortable and they breathe! It's not like wearing a sauna suit like some miserable shapewear that just makes you sweat!

Hope this helps!

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
Celia S.
on 8/22/11 3:25 pm - Grand Junction, CO
I'm with Karen! SPANX work fantastically and are surprisingly comfortable! I know you can find them at Lane Bryant but they're pretty popular, so they're probably sold other places too.

lynnc99
on 8/22/11 9:52 pm
Whatever you choose - try them on first. Some fit like a tight rubber band - you have to clear the room before taking the darn thing off.

I like the ones from Target - Suddenly Slim, I think they are called.
Alice P.
on 8/22/11 10:19 pm
I like spanx but they are expensive especially as you keep changing sizes. What I ended up getting to wear with jeans was Walmart's brand-sweet nothings-cami like tops--they were a cottony material on one side and breath better than the all spandex ones-they are a camisole but don't have the compression stuff over your bra area and they come down over you entire stomach. They are only $15--here is a link they come in multiple colors

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sweet-Nothings-Get-the-Skinny-Firm-Control-Cami-Style-83266/14528524
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

T. Deeds
on 8/22/11 11:33 pm
The makers of Spanx sell a less expensive version called Assets at Target, I've been wearing one of those lately.  Also, I've been wearing one by Miraclesuit that is VERY effective, but not quite as comfortable as the others.  

chris_ruff
on 8/23/11 2:14 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
i love shapewear! and i mostly use it for my stomach area as well. ive tried every brand out there and its really just a matter of preference and budget. the most important thing is the style.

i use the high waist ones. i have some that are a panty on the bottom and some that are shorts on the bottom. they also make ones that are a capri pant on the bottom. i also have slimming slips that look just like regular slips but are way tighter. all depends on the style of the garment youre wearing over it. in the colder months i use the high waist tights from assets. i love those the most.

i also use the slimming camisoles/tank tops, especially when im wearing jeans. i want stomach coverage but dont always want the dowdy look of shapewear underneath...especially when the clothes will be coming off. last thing i want is BF wrestling with my "scuba suit" (st. elmo's fire anyone?)

i'm a firm believer that the right foundation makes an outfit. and it makes me feel extremely confident as well, knowing that my jiggle is under wraps.
--Christina
Carla23
on 12/29/11 5:35 am
i will say you can try any brand as long is it good quality, there's a lot to choose, im a shapewear person, my last shop was this Ann Chery bodysuit and it hides everything, totally love it!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 359 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views