Eating less - Aha moment

jrjrj01
on 8/30/11 5:45 am - MI
I am now 4-5 months post op and find I am eating less than I did even 1-2 months post op.  There is actual no desire to eat after only a few bites.  My "Aha" moment came when I saw someone in the cafeteria buy a slice of pizza with lots of cheese.  I looked at that and thought  to myself I could never eat that much pizza and realized that 6 months ago I wouldn't have been satisfied with just one slice (probably more like 3-4).  I am very happy with my surgery and glad I made the choice.

Jeanne T.
on 8/30/11 5:54 am, edited 8/30/11 5:55 am
So glad to hear that.  I've been hearing quite a bit of negativeness lately.  Not from this forum and I'm still adjusting to having the RNY instead of the sleeve.  So I am very glad to hear of your Aha moment and I want one of my own.  Hopefully having it late October.

Jeanne

Shanneee
on 8/30/11 6:08 am - MN
I'm a month out and feel like I can eat waaay more than most people.  I have no problem with an entire egg with cheese and a slice of bacon in the same meal.  My doc says if it goes down ok, then don't worry but I still can't help but feel a little discouraged by it. 

You saying that you eat less than you did at 1-2 months is giving me a little hope.  Do you crave less food?  Or is it a psychological thing? 
jrjrj01
on 8/30/11 6:17 am - MI
I felt the same way.  But gradually I started eating less than my AHA moment.  I even ventured to McDonald's with my kids this past weekend and could even finish a regular hamburger before getting that "don't eat more" feeling.  Now fresh fruit and vegetables I can eat a lot., but a little starch or protein and it 's a lot less.

I still crave food, and desire certain foods all the time, it's just that I start to eat than the wall goes up and have to stop.  So for me it is probably more physiological.  I could push through the fullness feeling but it is uncomfortable and my food aversion kicks in quickly when it does.

DisneyLover
on 8/30/11 11:41 am - WI
an egg with cheese and a slice of bacon is what I would consider a normal amount of food for a post op.  you are not eating too much.

Sarah

Shanneee
on 8/30/11 2:05 pm - MN
Even five weeks out?  It seems like other people are saying they can barely get a whole egg down...
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 2:56 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
We're all different.  Don't judge yourself by others progress. 

(Not a bad motto for Life, actually!)
DisneyLover
on 8/30/11 10:49 pm - WI
yes, even 5 weeks out.  you will find as you go, you will have days where you can eat a 'ton' and other days where you can't.  everyone is different. 

Sarah

Brazilnut2
on 8/30/11 10:23 pm - TN
My "Aha" moment came last week in our "healthy foods" grocery store where there are samples throughout the store.  I realized that the little paper cups they provide for, say, soup samples are about the size of medicine cups.  I was satisfied after sipping a soup sample and realized that I could go into this store and eat an entire RNY post-op meal...for free!
Most Active
Recent Topics