Weight Gain One Month Out

Dan OBrien
on 8/31/11 2:46 am - FL
I started out at 396.  While in the hospital I was 382.  Until a few days ago I made it down to 334 in a month after surgery.  Yesterday I climbed up to 336, and now 337 today.  It's a little depressing.  Any ideas or anyone gone through something similar?
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

ladybugnessa
on 8/31/11 2:56 am - Owings Mills, MD
water weight...  if you are female it could be related to your cycle...

either sex could be related to what you ate.. .salt can cause you to retain water
not drinking enough fluids can cause you to retain fluids too.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Samantha L.
on 8/31/11 3:21 am - Petaluma, CA
WOW!  You're doing GREAT!!!  Don't be depressed, sometimes our weight bounces a bit, like Nessa said.. could be a sal****er thing or whatever.  It'll drop again soon.

poet_kelly
on 8/31/11 3:21 am - OH
Everyone has gone through something similar.  It's normal for your weight to fluctuate a bit.  Maybe you are retaining water.  Maybe you need to have a good poop.  If the normal fluctuations in weight depress you, stay off the scale.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jenny_D
on 8/31/11 4:38 am - Canton, GA
Drink a ton of water and hopefully your body will let the fluid go.

I am going through the exact same thing right now. I have gone up 2 pounds in the last three days, and since I am only eating around 900 calories per day, there is NO WAY I am gaining actual weight. It has to be fluid retention.  I do notice that I am not peeing in proportion to how much liquid I am consuming.

Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

Dan OBrien
on 8/31/11 10:06 pm - FL

Thanks for all your comments...I am mysteriously back down those 3 pounds this morning.  Gotta be water and waste.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

ladybugnessa
on 8/31/11 10:32 pm - Owings Mills, MD
not a mystery at all!  it's NORMAL    I go up and down within a 5 pound range all the time.. I learned early out that I could not have just ONE weight... I have a range.  I early out decided that my range was  5 pounds.. some folks have a 3 pound range some a 10 pound range.

even while I was still losing I would say I weigh between  xxx and xxx+5     

so now my goal is 135-140  and as long as I am below 140 I'm at goal!   IF i get too close to 140 I jus****ch my intake a bit harder for a day or two... because losing 4 pounds is easy now that I have this tool where losing 40 will be damn near impossible..
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views