Multi Vitamin Help

Becky D.
on 8/31/11 4:07 am - CA
 I was looking online at Twinlab Daily One Caps with Iron.
Would these be good for a daily mulit vitamin. 
I posted this last night but got no response so I'm trying again today. 
_Donna_
on 8/31/11 4:12 am
Way too expensive for my taste.  I use the generic brand Centrum Silver. It is a complete vitamin.

RNY 5-5-2011

Becky D.
on 8/31/11 4:53 am - CA
 They are not expensive from Amazon. 
Shanneee
on 8/31/11 4:28 am - MN
I use trader joe's chewables and supplement with vitalady's 60 tender iron.  It's a cheap combination and works great!
justjenna
on 8/31/11 4:29 am - ID
My program recommends bariatric specific vitamins.  I use Bariatric Fusion.  They are chewable and not as expensive as I had feared.  Less than $30 a month.  At first I poo-pooed the idea of special vitamins, but I decided that this was a very drastic step I took and I am going to follow directions and not assume I know best.  I am currently 1 month out.  I may relax later.
poet_kelly
on 8/31/11 4:35 am - OH

Are you taking eight a day.  I know the label says just four, but really, you'd need eight a day, not four.  The ASMBS says you need 200% of the RDA of most things but four of those only gives you 100% of many things.  So you'd need eight.

And are you taking extra calcium citrate?  The ASMBS says you need 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate per day.  Four BF gives you only 1200 mg calcium - but it's not all citrate.  Some is calcium carbonate, which you won't absorb.  So you'd need extra calcium citrate but I dunno how  much 'cause they don't tell you how much they have.

And you're taking B12 too, right?  You'd still need B12 because we can't absorb B12 we swallow because we lack intrinsic factor in our pouch.  You'd need a sublingual, or patch, or nasal spray, or shots.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Becky D.
on 8/31/11 4:51 am - CA
 I tried to copy the label but it wouldn't work. 
The label says to take 1 a day so we would have to take 2. 
I already take extra calcium citrate, sublingual B12, and vitamin D. 
They do have 100% or more of what I think we need. 
They are capsules so I wasn't sure about that. 

poet_kelly
on 8/31/11 4:52 am - OH
Capsules are fine.  Sounds like they are OK, like you said just take two.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ladybugnessa
on 8/31/11 5:16 am - Owings Mills, MD
Kelly I so heart you!
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

poet_kelly
on 8/31/11 4:33 am - OH
Does it have 100% of the RDA of most stuff in it?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 234 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics