a lil understanding and an applogy

gabbyabby
on 9/3/11 9:15 am, edited 9/3/11 9:18 am
 1. So pre op, I always wondered WTheck people were talking about when they said they can not get their liquids in, or could not stand the taste of any protien.  That is where I am.  I do not want to put anything in my mouth.  I have been working on my fluids for the last couple of days and can not get close to 64 oz.  Then the Protien, maybe one shake but i have to hold my nose to do it.  I did not understand this at all pre op.  I figured why dont they just do it.  Well I now understand it.  

2. I am tired of feeling guilty when people post about how they are not doing as well as others.  I feel like I should be ashamed of my loss.  (but see above, i cant eat)  I am 5'10, 32 years old, 317 lbs when I started this journey.  While I should be resting I have 4 kids to rear.  We are all different.  I am sure that I will have a huge stall or someone else will come along and lost twice as fast as me.  I can not compair my self to them because I am not them.  I am not even setting my self mini weight goals cause I do not know what is realisitc for me.  However I would like to be able to wear a pair of calf high boots by christmas.  :)  I degress...   My point is I would like to share my sucess with this board, however now I feel that i can not, as it is making others feel less about them selves. and I do not want that.  So I am taking my ticker off.
Mysstwalker
on 9/3/11 9:27 am - Riverside, CA
RNY on 01/30/08 with
For every one person that you feel might be made to feel less of themselves, there are probably 10 others, pre-op etc., that you are inspiring and giving hope to. Be proud of your success! Seeing peoples tickers gave me hope that it would work for me, that I could attain that too. And even some of the ones who you might think of as thinking less of themselves, you could be the catalyst to them starting to make sure they get their protein in, or take their supplements, or strive to get their liquids in, or whatever. Fly that ticker, you are earning it!

Shameless display of ticker included below lol:

aseg21
on 9/3/11 10:37 am - Miami, FL
Just wow. 331 lbs?? That is absolutely amazing! Mega-congratulations on the hard work both getting it off and keeping it off - you rock!

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

YankeeRose
on 9/3/11 10:45 am - Meadville, PA
Mysstwalker:  Wow, 331 lbs lost! That is amazing... very inspiring to me. Congrats!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Michele816
on 9/3/11 10:52 am
Your weight loss is awesome!!!  

Godgaveus2
on 9/3/11 9:30 am - WI
Really?? Everyone is on this site, being pre or post op, is here for support..  Why would you feel guilty about your success?  I have surgery in 2 wks and I love coming on here to read everyon'e success stories.  No matter if you lose slow or fast everyone that is having or has ever had WLS needs to work very hard for their success.  You should be very proud of every inch and pound that you lose.  If other people are jealous or can't handle hearing of other's good news, then that is their own personal problem.  I think the ticker is a great tool to see where you were and how far you've come.  I personally can not wait to share my successes with everyone on here.  As far as the eating and drinking, I am obviously no pro, but in preop teaching they said the first month is the toughest and it gets easier from there.  You are only a couple weeks out, quit being so hard on yourself!  They also said first and formost worry about the water then protein, you don't want to get dehydrated.  I really hope you reconsider about posting your successes.  I for one look forward to seeing them.    Take Care.

Amy
Lisarn1
on 9/3/11 9:35 am - Raleigh, NC
Not really sure why you feel guilty sharing your success. We all loose differently. As for fluids, if you get nothing else right now, it needs to be your fluids. You are too fresh out of surgery to worry about it. If drinking your shakes is really that difficult for you, break it up by adding other flavors. I put it in my Greek yogurt most days, but I also make protein hot chocolate and coffee using some of the sugar free syrups. Torani and DaVinci have lots of flavors to maybe help you change it up. there are also many different kinds of protein powders. You just have to find the right one. Other protein options that can be pureed or mushy are eggs, Egg Beaters, yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta....Hope you find something that works for you. 

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Debra P.
on 9/3/11 9:44 am, edited 9/3/11 9:45 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
  I applaud you for not trying to "keep up with the jonses" or not wanting others to keep up with you... don't ever feel guilty for your success though. 

Laura in Texas
on 9/3/11 9:50 am
Interesting. I will just chalk this up to the fact that you're only 11 days out and your hormones are raging. You have no control over how someone else feels. No one can make you feel inferior except yourself.

I post my ticker with pride. I worked hard and earned it!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

shannon0731
on 9/3/11 10:17 am - LA
NOOOO, please tell everyone how good you are doing!! Some lose fast, some slow. I am hoping that most of the people who lose slow, myself included, ask why not to whine but seriously, are they doing something wrong? I for one am not jealous of those who lose quicker than me--they are not me! so stand up, all 5'10' of you an be proud!. I can not imagine having done this at your age--trying to keep up with little ones!Now, I would say as far as the protein, try lots of different kinds and different ways. Is there a Smoothie King where you live?  they have a smoothie that is called Gladiator that is 45 grams of protein. It does not taste like the protein drinks. What about adding protein to pudding? You just keep on keeping on and don't feel guilty for your tool behaving well, lol!!

Shannon
I'm Ready!

Most Active
Recent Topics