Should I call my Dr?

Kimanne01
on 9/5/11 10:43 am
I have had some major lower back pain in the past couple of weeks.  I assumed it was muscular as the pain runs down the back of my legs.  I also assumed it may be related to my period as I have been getting my period every two weeks since surgery. And lower back pain is typical right before my period.  Then in the last two days I have has a complete loss of appetite. I cant get myself to put anything in my mouth.  And now tonight I have 101 fever.  But I dont feel sick at all.  No stuffed nose, no scratchy throat. I am just freezing and shaking, which led me to take my temperature.  I will probably just check in with my dr anyway tomorrow but was curious if maybe im just reading into everything...as i seem to do since having this surgery!

Thanks
D-J
on 9/5/11 10:49 am
sounds like a kidney infection to me,,but with me when ever i find myself asking should i call the doctor it's usually time to do that,,hope you feel better soon hun,,,Good luck
SweetLilyAnn
on 9/5/11 10:49 am - TX
My guess: Possible kidney infection!!!!

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

poet_kelly
on 9/5/11 10:54 am - OH
Call your doc first thing in the morning if you feel like you can wait that long.  If the pain is really bad, if you can't drink enough fluids to keep from getting dehydrated, if your fever gets very high, or if you feel like it might not be good to wait for any other reason, either call your doc now or go to the ER.  Your doc should have an answering service and someone will be oncall even in the middle of the night.

You can take some Tylenol and see if that helps with the pain and brings down your fever.  Try to drink a LOT.  We need extra fluid when we have a fever, plus if it is a kidney infection, lots of fluid will be good.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kimanne01
on 9/5/11 11:01 am
Thanks everyone. I will definitely call in the morning.  The pain isnt sharp.  Its dull and has been dull for the last few weeks though arguable has gotten worse in the past few days.  I finally had to take some tylenol this morning because its very uncomfortable and moving is very difficult. I just assumed it was my back...though have never had back issues before.  My temp seems to be holding still at 101 but about to take more tylenol.  I definitely havent been getting in enough liquids in the last few days because im feeling nauseus and havent gotten much in besides some protein shakes...but not nearly enough to meet the requirements of protein or liquids. Im forcing myself right now to drink water.  But will definitely call my dr in the morning and will call him tonight if it gets worse.
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/11 11:08 am - FL
As my surgeon told me, don't try to be a hero or tough guy.  If you have any concerns, just call and they will tell you what to do.  So, call your doctor!
FleurDeLis
on 9/5/11 11:59 am
Freezing and shaking and then fever points to an infection that seems to have been smouldering for awhile. You might be septic. Yes, this needs to be looked at ASAP.
FleurDeLis
on 9/5/11 12:03 pm
Forgot to say its called rigor.
Look it up yourself. By the time you see a physician they are going to want to do blood cultures on you. If you won't go to an ER, call the doctor's answering service now.
Kimanne01
on 9/5/11 12:06 pm
Sepsis?  Isnt that a little extreme right now?  Again I do have a fever and lower back pain but nothing else at this point.  I am not opposed to going to the ER if I need to. But going to the ER didnt even cross my mind to be honest. Maybe i should be more concerned?
Most Active
Recent Topics