Question for ladies...tmi: yeast infections

chrissyemerald
on 9/9/11 1:24 am - Canada
 Hey ladies. I was wondering if any of you had a problem with yeast infections. I have taken the canesoral pill...but realized that it's a capsule and we aren't supposed to take them as they aren't that effective. This is the 2nd time i've had to take it (have an appt with my gyno in a week). Have they been effective for anyone? I notice the symptoms went away, but then come back after my period. I have had a baby in june of this year, and read that they can be common after having a baby, but I've never had this issue before. It's rather annoying lol
Hillery82211
on 9/9/11 1:51 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I had the WORST YI after surgery because of the IV antibiotics.  My doc told me to just use the OTC monistat and not to use the pills since it was so soon after surgery.  I used the 7day monistat and also started using a probiotic daily and I haven't had any problems since.  Maybe try the OTC cream and a probiotic and that will clear it up since you don't have to factor in your tummy digesting it....
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Christina135
on 9/9/11 2:19 am
May I recommend coconut oil?

Eat it.

Smear it.

I recommend googling the effects of Coconut Oil on the Candida yeast.  It's amazing.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

rbb825
on 9/9/11 5:55 pm - Suffern, NY
I am not sure who told you that we can't take capsules but is the furthest thing from the truth.  We cant' take gelcaps - but regular capsules are fine.  Actually the dry D3 that we need to take is a capsule.

I am not familiar with that medication but here in the states, many doctors use diflucan for difficult to treat yeast infections.  Otherwise, I used to get them often and used prescription Mycolog cream and a prescription vaginal suppository.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.