Watermelon?

nancy409
on 9/11/11 3:21 am - PA
Is watermelon considered a food or a liquid?  Seems like a simple question but if you ea****ermelon it all becomes liquid
thanks

poet_kelly
on 9/11/11 3:36 am - OH
Everything you eat eventually becomes like a liquid, doesn't it?

Generally things are considered a liquid if they are liquid at room temperature.  Basically, it's stuff you could slurp through a straw.  I don't think watermelon counts.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cynthia L.
on 9/11/11 4:33 am - Clarence, NY
Not only is it not a liquid, it's HIGH on the glycemic scale.

It's not going to kill you to eat this, but for ME, I try to avoid things that score high.  Cherries, apples, grapefuit and pears on the other hand...my "go to" fruits.

This chart doesn't list EVERYthing.  It does give you a place to start.

-Cyn

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/glycemicfoodchart.htm

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

Lisa R.
on 9/11/11 5:51 am - CA
I admit that I don't know much of anything about the glycemic index, but I did look at the chart you put up because I love watermelon and it breaks my heart to think that I should not eat them.  I noticed that M&M's are low on the index, ye****ermelon was high.

Hmmm, that is strange to me.  I think I will take watermelon over the M&M's.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand