Trying to Be Overweight???

cheermonkeysmom
on 9/13/11 11:25 am - Smithsburg, MD
So I am not sure what show it was just on about an hour ago, I think maybe 60 Minutes. There was a lady on the show that they were featuring that is purposely trying to be the fattest woman in the world. She eats 20,000 calories a day and is attempting to gain at least 100 lbs a year until she reaches 1600 lbs. Why would you want to do that to yourself???? She has kids, what example is that setting for her kids. I feel sorry for her. We all struggled with our weight and had surgery to get back to a healthy state. I pray that my kids have seen my struggle and make sure that they take the change in lifestyle that we have had since surgery and make it their lifestyle forever. I just can't believe someone thinks that it is ok to do that to yourself.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Kathleen W.
on 9/13/11 11:40 am - Lancaster, PA
There was a post on the general forum about this same lady.  It was on "Inside Edition" and I'm not sure what date it aired. Probably tonight.  It's just incredible sad, no matter what way you look at it.  I mentioned on the other post something to the effect that she should have her kids taken away from her.  She's a joke and she knows it.  She's starving for attention.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Kat Kat
on 9/13/11 12:36 pm - AZ
Weight gain manifests itself in so many ways. Some have biological issues, some have mental/emotional issues. It appears her unhealthy mental state is what's driving her to do this. It's all so very sad for her and her family. I hope she realizes what she's doing and stops before she loses her life and her kids lose their mom.

Kat

Lisa R.
on 9/13/11 12:59 pm - CA
She is not the only person trying to do this.  I googled this to try and find it and I found another woman who wants to be 1000lbs and currently weighs 600.  She eats 12,000 calories a day...A DAY!  I don't think on the worst day in my whole life I ever got even close to 12,000 calories in a day.

The women, both of them, say they are doing it to show the world you can be fat and beautiful and also fat and healthy.  I think you can be fat and beautiful, because beauty is really on the inside and shines through, but NOTHING will ever convince me that being 100's of pounds overweight can ever be healthy no matter how much you exercise.

I think they are both a bit mentally ill and I hope they get help. 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Rena H.
on 9/13/11 1:07 pm
I seen that tonight on "Inside Edition".  I personally do not see why anyone would want to do that other than for attention. She definately is not a good role model for her children. She's taking a chance on dying in the process. My opinion, it is like they said on the show, she is playing Russian Roulette with her life. According to her doctor she is in perfect health other than her obesity. However, we all know how that can change at the snap of a finger. I was over 300 pounds and my doctor said my only problem was obesity but at the drop of a hat I ended up with high blood pressure and diabetes within 2 months of each other. Maybe she is seeing a number and not the concequences of being that obese. At some point I would think she would be bed ridden and unable to care for herself or her children. It is just sad, and for the most part, it leaves me speechless and worried for her and her children.
Debra P.
on 9/13/11 1:26 pm, edited 9/13/11 1:26 pm - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 She has a mental illness.  That is a screaming loud psychological issue !!  

Samantha L.
on 9/13/11 2:31 pm - Petaluma, CA
 I have a friend that weighs roughly 600 lbs.  She and her boyfriend were on Tyra Banks because of her size and because he's a rapper that is into overweight women.  His songs are almost all about large women.  They shoot these videos of her now.. of her eating while mostly undressed or doing other sexual things (mostly involving food). 
  I remember back when she was smaller (she was about 450 and I was around 300).. and she was miserable. We used to talk about how we were going to get thinner and healthier.  We went for walks.. we dieted together. 
 Now, she met this man.. he's fairly good looking and because HE'S into her being large.. SHE is into her being large.  She now has some kind of weird cult following.  Her fans pay big money for videos of her doing "requests".   
  I support her in this decision, because I love her.  She seems to have found a niche for herself where she is accepted and happy.  It makes me sad, as well, though.  Is she REALLY happy?  Is she being exploited?  I feel that she is.  I have seen the rap videos (she's in most of them) and I have seen some of the "other" videos, too.  This is the first time in her life that she feels that she is with a "normal" guy.. a good looking man who accepts her and wants her for who she is. 
  I don't know where I'm going with this.   I guess what I'm getting at is that I think most people (especially those who have felt invisible most of their lives) want to be noticed, accepted or special.  Maybe they just don't know how to get there any other way.  

poet_kelly
on 9/14/11 7:32 am - OH
That is sad.  Wow, I have so many things running through my head about it.

It's great that she has a partner that is really into her and loves how she looks.  It's too bad, though, if she feels he would not love her just as much if she were smaller.

I think if she is happy being large, then it's her body, her life, she has every right to be heavy if she wants to be.  I'm guessing she is happy at least about some parts of her life right now.  She's probably happy that her guy thinks she's beautiful, she's happy that other people are supporting and encouraging her about her size.  And maybe there are lots of things not related to size at all that she loves about her life currently.  I don't want to make the mistake of thinking all fat people much be miserable.

I would bet she's less happy when she has to go shopping for clothes.  I bet she's less happy when she can't do things she'd like to do because of her weight, whether it's sit in a chair with arms, go on a certain ride at an amusement park, or just walk upstairs without gasping for air.  Of course, most of us have things we like about our lives and things we don't like so much.  Maybe she feels the good things outnumber the bad.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 9/14/11 7:33 am - OH
I think it's a desperate need for attention.  That, and maybe feeling like if you can't beat them, join them.  You know, if I want to lose weight and try to lose weight and fail, maybe I'll just try to get fatter instead.  Because I bet I can succeed at that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.