New TLC reality show Big Sexy

Nicole T.
on 9/14/11 10:39 pm
I only watched a snippet of it online but there is a new reality show about bigger gals in NYC. They are big and proud. Most of them are over 100 lbs overweight from what I can tell.

So is it good to say that being that overweight is ok? Do you think this show helps us or hurts us? 

My thoughts are this. Part of what fueled my eating is the hatred I felt toward me because of my weight. I think that people should learn to be more understanding of our situation. But the reality is being that overweight is unhealthy and should not be seen as ok. I want us to be treated better but I don't want us to convince ourselves it is ok to be morbidly obese.

your thoughts?
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 10:40 pm
 I dunno....

No matter how hard I tried to convince myself that fat was beautiful I could never quite sell it. 
Pattis70
on 9/14/11 10:44 pm
I have only watched the previews of Big Sexy and really I don't like it. I wonder if those women featured on the show are going to talk about their back,legs, any pain that is related to being obese? Another thing about it is that is giving off this image that being obesity is ok? I mean we all know its not healthy..now its being glamourized. Should we be all upset about this Iam..when america is getting fatter and fatter now shows make it look ok to be that way...

Patti            
Lileee
on 9/14/11 11:06 pm
i have watched Every Show that came on! (i DVR'd it) LOL!  and they really ARE proud Big Women... they are Plus Size Models and they are NOT trying to lose weight... it doesnt hurt ME to watch, but i really DO feel their pain about being so self concious and NOT being able to find men to love... it really IS a cute show!  you should watch it sometime...

Start Weight 275 - im 52yrs Old - 5'7"

had my RNY January 10th 2011

275/230!!!/150

curvaceousdiva
on 9/14/11 11:28 pm - Hyattsville, MD
as a former plus size model i LOVE the show.  I dont think that everyone is cut out to be a size 2 to 4.. if they are healthy then I dont see why there is an issue in ANY fashion.
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Nicole T.
on 9/14/11 11:34 pm
do you think it is possible to be that big and healthy at the same time? why did you lose weight?
curvaceousdiva
on 9/14/11 11:39 pm - Hyattsville, MD
sure very possible. 
I wouldnt have gotten the surgery AT ALL if i hadnt had diabetes.

Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
hlacy
on 9/15/11 7:48 am, edited 9/15/11 7:48 am - Chandler, AZ
Agreed. Even if they are young and the typical obesity-related health problems have not manifested yet, the excess weight on their joints alone will catch up to them later. This is the main reason I sought WLS. I only recently began to have weight-related health issues (Type 2 DB, NAFLD, high triglycerides); and that was discovered after I initially investigated RNY. The main thing that prompted me was the daily pain I was tired of living with. I just turned 36; in my twenties and early thirties I was a lot like these girls.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Dave Chambers
on 9/14/11 11:31 pm - Mira Loma, CA

There is a "segment of the male population" that like this type of women.  Many sites are hawked on the Internet, commonly referred to BBW sites, where match making, dating services, outcall services, and "*****" sites that feature these larger women.  I've also listened to multiple women in support groups who state their husbands have "lost interest" in being sexually active with them as the women have lost significant wt.  Some women are content with "their size", even with the health issues that likely are also an issue.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

bunnicash
on 9/14/11 11:54 pm - Sedalia, MO
I love this show... I don't dig that deep into its meaning how ever I just like it because I love how they are so confident of who they are. It truely shows you have to love yourself before anyone else can. I know I wish I would have had their attitudes about being a big woman....some of the stuff they do ( maybe just for entertainment purposes) I would have never imagined me doing as a big girl. They just say "screw it" we are large and not gonna sit at home everyday and cry about it! One of the ones I watched did show the struggles of being large, all the names you get called, job oppurtunities you miss out on.... So its not all pleasant every show.
  ~ Be the change you want to see in the world                                        Ashley                                           
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 108 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?