getting ready to do surgery

summerjoyZ
on 9/21/11 6:28 am - TN
 I want to know what should I expect after the surgery. Does it hurt real bad, is it worth all the money, and did your life improve greatly? Thankks for your help.
Dan OBrien
on 9/21/11 10:17 am - FL
I really have to tell you that you will never know what to expect.  Everyone I knew had zero issues, in and out, great. 

I went in, ended up in ICU in a day, spent a week there, and finally got home.  Three weeks out of work.  Pain breathing for a while.

Money wise - I haven't seen all the bills yet, but regardless it's worth whatever it cost and more.  Thankfully I have a good insurance policy.

All that being said - if I knew that I had to go through exactly all the complications again, and the few weeks of being a somewhat miserable at home - I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I only had surgery 8/1 and have already lost 76 pounds.  I'm sure the bad times probably gave me a little jumpstart.  I still have 90 to go, but that 76 has already changed my life.  It's not about the weight loss (at least it seems that way to me, although it's probably related) but I feel my whole demeanor has changed.  More energy, much more easy going - things don't bother me at all that used to really set me off (stupid little things).  My family loves the new me, and I love spending time with them.

Now - after I had the complications - I really had a good trade off.  No problem drinking (can guzzle water), no problems with any food, no problems with pills or vitamins, no complaints at all.

You really do have to get your head wrapped around the fact that you are looking toward a total life change - but it really is a fun thing for me.  Reading labels has become a fun game, loving grocery shopping, and having fun cooking with my 10 year old.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.