Vitamin SHot

vitalady
on 9/23/11 1:51 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
There can never be a one-size-fits-all vite shot (or pill), sad as it is.

But why are you chewing them if you can just swallow them?

B12 is a shot or sublingual. Shots are way cheaper. The doc writes rx, and you can get at Costco for cheapo if your insurance does not cover. My ins does, so I pay about 1.50 for 13 shots (1/wk for 3 months). When my doc didn't think I needed levels over 500, I was getting vet B complex to supplement between B12 shots.

The other shots have not shown promising results but with so many of the pills way cheap and eensy, it isn't worth it to pursue shots.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

axlebart2
on 9/23/11 6:07 pm - CA
I heard while back that someone created a nasal spray to transport a daily MV dose!! 
vitalady
on 9/24/11 8:14 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
There will never be a one size fits all formula. We are not the same.

If you are a normie and you just take a multi to cover the bases. When your life depends on it, you have to customize to fit.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

immafatgirl
on 9/23/11 8:16 pm - KY
i took a multi-vite every day before surgey . as long as i can remember. for some reason , the smell is killing me . i want to throw up when i smell the minerals in them.. i can take my other 2 meds fine. its just the vitamins. i tried to take one and got it stuck , now im scared to try . its just a battle for me. Im doing the best i can. right now my best is not good enough. i have to get htis stuff in some way . my sence of smell is incredibly stronger. but out of everything i do smell. vitamins make me gag the most . its a serious problem.
vitalady
on 9/24/11 8:19 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Sort out in your mind that it is the B vites that stink. They are what give the yellow color and that "vitamin smell". I had to readjust my brain to accept that smell as the smell of healthy nerves and brain.

In our minds, it smells tainted or maybe not safe.

We readjust our thinking to refile it under "good thing" and then it becomes acceptable.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Massagelady
on 9/24/11 6:49 am
 now if they could come up with a protein shot or even a pill, I'd be all over that one!  LOL

immafatgirl
on 9/25/11 3:07 pm - KY
me to. id be all over all of it . id take 40 shots a day if i could (if i had to)... all day long , life has become a a swallow. lol
Most Active
Recent Topics