Vitamin SHot

immafatgirl
on 9/23/11 10:02 am - KY
I think with as many patients they have rounding up for W.L.S. ... they should come up with a vitamin shot . something we can take ourselfs. trying to get those huge pills down . or trying to chew them. uggh !! i just cant do it . i have to take a bunch of lil pills. welp , theres my food for the day . the smell alone is horrible. i get upset because i know i need them in me.. but the pharmecuetical..? co needs to make a plan
Loveshinesthru
on 9/23/11 10:05 am - Mesa, AZ
 I know they have b-12 shots. But your dr usually gives them to you I think.

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

poet_kelly
on 9/23/11 11:24 am - OH
A lot of people give themselves B12 shots.  I do, and it's easy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Raynae S.
on 9/23/11 10:23 am - PA
I was just thinking the same thing. It would be amazing to have a Vitamin shot. The B12 shot can be done by your dr but you can also do it yourself.

Paula F.
on 9/23/11 11:05 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Lordy, of everything we have to take, I think the sublingual B-12 is the easiest.  I take the Trader Joe's version.  The worst is my thyroid med which can not be taken with food - water only.  When you grind it up it tastes like ashes and dust out of your vacuum cleaner bag.  I dread getting up in the morning knowing it is #1 on my to-do list. 
YankeeRose
on 9/23/11 2:35 pm - Meadville, PA
Why are you still crushing pills? I was swallowing pills before I even left the hospital. They told me as long as the pill is no bigger than a "Good-n-plenty" candy, I could swallow it. Also, my surgeon told me not to take more than 3 pills at one time to avoid them getting stuck so now I just wait 10-15 mins in between. I have not had any trouble swallowing pills. Most of mine are small but I have also cut some of the larger ones in half.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Paula F.
on 9/23/11 11:58 pm - Rochester Hills , MI
You are sooooo lucky!  I was told I have to crush or have chewable versions of all my meds/vitamins for the first 2 months post op.  Believe me, I am counting the days until I can swallow them (esp. thyroid med).
SouthernFriedIssues
on 9/23/11 10:31 am
I hate the vitamins too!  I am going to start getting the B12 shots..and I ordered the calcium chews (caramel flavor) from Bariatric Advantage.  They are like eating candy...so Now, I only have 4 pills to take a day...

Every little bit helps!

Good Luck!
Surgery date 8/31/2011 Starting Weight 278/ Surgery Weight 262 Current Weight 178
Goal Wht 165.....ONEDERLAND REACHED 1-27-12

~Women who behave themselves rarely make history~  
Dave Chambers
on 9/23/11 10:59 am - Mira Loma, CA
I use liquid vitamins, which I would consider a "vitamin shot", 1 oz daily. These are formulated by a compounding pharmacist with over 30 years expereince.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

poet_kelly
on 9/23/11 11:27 am - OH
With all the stuff we have to take, I'm thinking it would have to be multiple shots a day.  Three or four doses of calcium plus one of iron, at least.  I guess you could put a multivitamin in with the calcium.  I agree, it would be a lot easier to just do one shot a day, but that wouldn't work for us.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 163 views
Recent Topics