RNY Tomorrow, at 0730 EST!

SafetyTurtle
on 9/25/11 7:54 am - Cincinnati, OH
So FINALLY...the longest Christmas Eve EVER is over...that's the only thing I can equate the last few years, whittled down to months, whittled down to weeks, whittled down to days, and now...NOW...whittled down to a mere 13 hours and 40 minutes! that's the only way I can describe how I've felt.  Like a kid on Christmas Eve who knows that Santa isn't coming until they fall asleep.

OMG

I'm still not nervous.  I know it will happen, horribly and swiftly just prior to being taken to the pre-op room.  For now though, I'm still ready and willing and damn ready to get this done.  I've of course been a bit weepy the last couple days, thinking about the BIG WHAT IF, that always present clause "up to and including death." I'd be crazy if I wasn't though I think.  Thinking of this could be my last night with my family, my stepdaughter, my pets...MY HUSBAND.  That's the worst, my husband.  Cuz he's weepy too LoL  

Cheers to tomorrow!  

Gina
littlewitch1973
on 9/25/11 8:02 am - NY
 Gina - 

I didnt get nervous either - not even as they wheeled me into the OR. Just got home today - surgery was Wednesday. SO glad to be home, and recovering!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!

Simone

SafetyTurtle
on 9/25/11 8:05 am - Cincinnati, OH
Welcome home, Simone!  I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. 

I get nervous about the anesthesia bit...I don't tend to do well coming out of it.  It's perfectly terrifying.  I got permission for my husband to be in PACU instead of just meeting me in my room, so I'm feeling a lot of relief in that area.  

I'm hoping for only a 1 or 2 night stay. 

We have similar start weights and weight goals...go us!  

Gina
46_11tobeme
on 9/25/11 8:11 am - NJ
 Good Luck! My surgery is in 4 weeks and i am getting more nervous waiting and reading all the blogs. i will be excited to hear how you do! 
SafetyTurtle
on 9/25/11 8:13 am - Cincinnati, OH
I've been blogging pretty consistently, and plan to keep doing so, so please feel free to follow along!  When I was 4 weeks out was when time really started to play tricks on me, reading on here kept me sane and focused.  Also a lot of surgeon and doctor and hosptial visits for pre-op stuff made the time go in leaps and then stalls. 

Keep us updated as you go, too!

kellyl1202
on 9/25/11 8:30 am
You'll do Great! Best of luck to you tomorrow!
Eliza55
on 9/25/11 8:30 am - PA
Gina
Congrats - tomorrow will be here soon.
Take care, and have an uneventful recovery!
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Paula F.
on 9/25/11 8:41 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Gina I have to say, I wasn't nervous either.  It was just like my wedding day; I knew I was doing the right thing!  I had a wonderful surgeon and felt very confident going into the surgery.  I don't even remember going to sleep, or recovery for that matter.  I remember going down the hall to my room afterward.  Had pain meds and morphine pump - a beautiful thing!

You are going to do wonderfully and I look forward to hearing how you do when you get time to post.

Best wishes,
Paula
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 9:13 am - RI

GOOD LUCK!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Godgaveus2
on 9/25/11 10:24 am - WI
Good Luck, you will do just fine! I will meet you on the Loser's bench 2 wks from tomorrow. Looking forward to your postop posts!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 429 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 356 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 281 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 161 views
Recent Topics