I got the job!!!!!!!!!

Paula F.
on 9/26/11 3:57 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Hi everyone,

I am so excited!  I went for my interview today, expecting just that - to talk, as I was told beforehand that there were other interviews to conduct still.

Well, at the end of the interview I was offered the job!  That's no small feat in Michigan these days with our economic climate. 

As a post op, I find this very motivating and am on cloud 9!

How have all of you been doing with going back to work to a full time job only a few weeks after RNY?  I am a little worried between the surgery and all of the years that have passed that it is going to kick my butt.

I am also going to have to find me some healthy crock pot recipes! LOL

Thanks also to everyone who wished me well yesterday,
Paula
Hillery82211
on 9/26/11 4:10 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
Congratulations on the new job!!!

I went back to work 3 weeks after RNY and it was fine.  The first week I was SUPER tired...and would be in bed by 7pm every night...but now (this is week 3 back at work), I'm ok and even excercising after work each evening. 

As far as packing food/lunch for work, I have an insulated lunch bag that I drop 2 ice pak thingys in to keep things like yogurt, cottage cheese and such cold at my desk.  For hot stuff, I pop it in the microwave.  I brought some of those little Glad disposible tupperware things (they have a 2oz size) and I put my food in there for a couple of meals.  Everything is portioned out perfectly.  I also do protein shakes at work for snacks.  I keep a 1/2 gallon of milk in the fridge (with my name on it) and I make 2 shakes a day...and I try to save one for after my walk in the evenings.

I'm sure things will work out fine...and congrats again on the job!!!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
SweetLilyAnn
on 9/26/11 4:26 am - TX
Yooooooooooo hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Scherrie Tappin
on 9/26/11 5:11 am - CT
Congratulations!!! Awesome!
        RNY 5/25/2011                        
Sara L.
on 9/26/11 5:38 am
Congratulations!! 
jazzycatz
on 9/26/11 5:48 am - Joppa, MD
Congratulations on the new job! 

I was off work for 3 weeks.  I was tired a lot at first but you adapt pretty quickly. 

medasstcheri
on 9/26/11 9:01 am - MI
 Congrats Paula!!!!   Good for you!  Michigan is challanging to find good jobs, so this is GREAT news!  
You will find lots of good receipes and will do great with taking food to work. Lots of choices that will work for you.  I am sure you will be very tired just starting out after surgery and not being in the field for a while but hang in there and it will all come back.  You will do great!   Congrats again!
Samantha L.
on 9/26/11 11:59 am - Petaluma, CA
That is WONDERFUL!!  I am so happy for you!  I took a month off after my surgery, but could have gone back easily after 2 weeks.  I'm sure you'll be great.

Congrats on your new job!!!