Stricture

ecshumway
on 9/26/11 5:27 am - NY
Here I am 34 days out and thousands of miles away from my surgeon and I discover that I have a stricture. I called the office and explained the symptoms and the nurse told me I have to have an endoscopy. I was scheduled to go back to work next Monday, but that is delayed now.
I am in Nova Scotia visiting my sick Mother (she has cancer and doesn't have too many weeks left)
I head home on Thursday and on Friday morning I have to go in for the scope.
My symptoms were every time I drink or eat I feel full and get nauseated. I try to sip even water, but I get so nauseated . The Nurse told me that the food and water were taking too long to leave my pouch so they have to go in and fix it. Scar tissure can build as it heals. So I'm back to a liquid diet until I get home to NY. Also I'm partially dehydrated because I can't get the liquids I need. That is why I am weak.
Other than that I'm doing ok.

Betty

Patti1md
on 9/26/11 5:33 am
OMG!  This is me.  I was in for the EGD last week.  I was not able to get any fluids in.   I am back on a liquid diet.  Be prepare for the Dry Heaves.  I hate this.   I also had a UTI due to the dehydration. 

ecshumway
on 9/26/11 5:39 am - NY
I'm hoping to get it fixed before they hit. How are you feeling now?

Patti1md
on 9/26/11 5:41 am
I don't feel as weak as before, but a little sore from the Dry Heaves. 

immafatgirl
on 9/26/11 5:42 am - KY
i thought i had a stricture , but i think i was swollen and irritated from a pill getting stuck. i hope so anyway . strictures scare me.. i thought if u could ge****er and food down at all and keep it down , then it wasnt a stricture. idk. but i hope u get back where u want ... have a blessed week.
ecshumway
on 9/26/11 11:08 am - NY
The nurse told me that not all strictures close the opening completely. Some of them close the opening part way and slows down the food and liquid going through.

AddisynsMommy
on 9/26/11 6:35 am - FL
 I ended up with having two strictures! One at two weeks out and one at about 3 mos out. I was sick nauseated dehydrated but after the first one all i had was a sore throat and I was fine for a good while then i started to have all the symptoms again not holding anything down or being able too. Went in had a 2nd scope I did throw up once after the procedure.but within two days i was back to normal. you will be fine and the recovery was really a day for me I am sensitive to anesthia so i rested and did liquids for two days then soft foods for two days and was fine. Good luck hun
immafatgirl
on 9/27/11 6:51 am - KY
WOW. WHEN I ATE SAMON. I FELT SWOLLEN AND I FELT AS IF I WERE CHOKING ALL NIGHT . THE NEXT MORNING, I DID HAVE A SORE THROAT . I HOPE I DONT HAVE A STRICTURE AND NOT KNOW I T.. i still feel a lil choky . but nothing i cant tolerate . could this be what it is ? would u do anything if its not bothersome?
ecshumway
on 9/27/11 7:41 am - NY
you may have had a reaction to the salmon. If the food and drinks are going down smoothly, I wouldn't be too worried. With me, my food isn't going through very fast and when I drink only a few sips, I feel nauseaous.

immafatgirl
on 9/27/11 1:08 pm - KY
well, i swallowed  a pill and it got stuck and i couldnt hardly drink anything. as soon as i took it . it was like everything swelled togtehr . i hope u get this taken care of soon. and feel better . it must be miserable..