Post Op and Starving

Renee2be
on 9/29/11 1:16 pm - NC
I'm 3 weeks out and no hunger,  i do have the htirsty part though.  I can barley get 2 or 3 oz in of food or liquid at a time.  I guess it is a blessing in disguise!!!! 

From the other posts you sound like your perfectly normal and on track.

JodiLee1
on 9/29/11 1:26 pm
I've been hungry since right after surgery.  I had it 3/11/10.  I get hungry every 2 hrs.  I've always had issues with low blood sugar since I was young.  My low sugars trigger my hunger.  My surgeon said to keep my pouch full. I keep my protein up still to 80gm/day.  Just keep up on your diet and fluid.  Take your vitamins.   Make sure you start to exercise when you can and keep it up.  You'll do fine. 

Loveshinesthru
on 9/29/11 4:12 pm - Mesa, AZ
 Ive had the same problem, since day 3 probably. I am glad I am normal! I hear about people who have done this (personally) and they say they are never hungry! I wish I had that problem!

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Monique A.
on 10/2/11 2:04 pm
Definately hungry but sounds like lots of people are eating every couple of hours. I am ok for about an hour than starving. My surgeon gave me the OK to start eating normal food so at least now I can start experimenting. I had some meatballs (low fat/calorie) and cottage cheese and definately feel full......thank goodness.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views